Income tax - What return for a cohabiting couple?
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Each member of a cohabiting couple must separately one statement for income received by the taxpayer in the taxation year.
when the burden of a child is shared equally between its two cohabiting parents, each can benefit from half of the increase in shares (as for a alternate custody child).
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
For general informationTax Information Service
0809 401 401
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 7 pm, excluding public holidays.
Free service + call price
To contact the local service managing your folderDepartment in charge of taxes (treasury, tax department...)
- Taxes: access your Special Space
- 2022 Online Income Tax Return 2021
- Income Tax Return (Paper)
- 2023 Simulator: 2022 Income Tax
- Income Tax - Family Quotient of a Common-Law PartnerService-Public.fr
- Income Tax - Family Quotient of Single ParentService-Public.fr
- Income Tax - Reporting a Change in Family StatusService-Public.fr
- 2022 Practice Brochure - 2021 Income Tax ReturnMinistry of Finance