Real estate wealth tax (IFI): on what date should wealth be assessed?
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The IFI takes into account the composition and net worth of the real estate heritage at 1er January of the taxation year.
For the IFI paid in 2023, this is the assets held at 1er January 2023.
Changes in real estate assets occurring during 2023 are not taken into account.
However, if an event occurred after 1er january has a retroactive effect, you have to take that into account.
- You purchased a property under suspensive condition before the 1er january 2023 and the condition comes true in 2023
- Cancelation in 2023 of the sale of a property made before 1er january 2023
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
For general informationTax Information Service
0809 401 401
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 7 pm, excluding public holidays.
Free service + call price
To contact the local service managing your folderDepartment in charge of taxes (treasury, tax department...)
- Real estate wealth tax simulator (IFI)
- Taxes: access your Special Space
- Income Tax Return (Paper)
- Online tax payment
- Real estate wealth tax (IFI): persons and property concernedService-Public.fr
- Calculation of the real estate wealth tax (IFI)Service-Public.fr
- Real estate wealth tax (IFI) - Declaration and paymentService-Public.fr
- Tax SiteMinistry of Finance