Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

RSA and Activity Premium: what does permanent and effective residence mean in France?

Verified 06 avril 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

To touch RSA or activity premium, you must reside in France permanently.

Stay(s) outside France must not exceed 3 months by calendar or date to date.

However, if you stay for more than 3 months at the foreigner, you can collect the RSA or the activity premium but only for the full months of your stay in France.

The permanent residence should not be confused with being without a permanent or fixed domicile.

You can collect the RSA or the activity premium if you are homeless and live permanently in France. You have to home to CASE or a recognised organisation.