What to do in case of seizure without notice of prior contravention?

Publié le 09 janvier 2024 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

M.F... has just noted on his bank account statement that a seizure has occurred. The bank informs him that it is an administrative seizure to a third party holder for a contravention. However, he did not know the source of the information and had never received a notice of prior contravention. He would like to know how to get confirmation.

Image 1
Image 1Crédits: Dragana Gordic - replies:

In the event of administrative defaults, you may be subject to administrative seizure by a third party holder. This procedure allows the administration to be paid by contacting a third party who holds sums belonging to you (the bank, most often).

Initially, you need to contact the treasury who made the administrative seizure to ascertain the reason for it and request a summary report. You must indicate in a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt that you have never received the original fine.

If the summary report mentions an entry issued by the Automated Control Treasury, then the claim will have to be made with the automated treasury of Rennes.

If the entry is from the Local TreasuryHowever, it is then with the local Public Prosecutor's Office that the complaint must be made, by sending a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.

You can find the contact details of the competent treasury by clicking on the following link: Directory of administration.

Please note

carte grise if you did not receive the ticket because you forgot to report a change of address (move...), you have 3 months from the sending of the reminder letter to change the address on your You then have 45 days to send this letter with AR to the Automated Screening Treasury to request cancelation of the mark-up by presenting the supporting documents.