This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
The family reunification procedure allows an alien to be joined in France by his or her spouse and children.
However, in some cases the family may reside in France without going through the family reunification procedure. Family members shall be issued a residence permit directly on the grounds of their nationality or status:
- family of a Frenchman (husband of a Frenchman, parent of a minor French child living in France, child under 21 years of age or dependent on a Frenchman, parents, grandparents or in-laws dependent on a Frenchman),
- family of a European or a Swissirrespective of nationality,
- family of a refugee, a beneficiary of subsidiary protection or a stateless person (under certain conditions),
- long-term resident-EU family in another European country accompanying him from Europe to France,
- family of a foreign national holding a card talent passport..