Does family reunification apply to all foreign families?
Verified 16 June 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The family reunification procedure concerns the foreigner non-European. It allows him to bring his family to France: spouse and/or minor children.
Family reunification does not apply to all foreign families. Other procedures exist to be joined by one's family.
A long-stay visa shall be issued in particular in the following situations:
- Family of a Frenchman (husband of a Frenchman, parent of a minor French child living in France, child under 21 years of age or dependent on a Frenchman, parents, grandparents or in-laws dependent on a Frenchman)
- Family of a European or a Swiss, irrespective of nationality
- Family of a refugee, beneficiary of subsidiary protection or stateless person (under certain conditions)
- Family of a beneficiary of EU long-term resident status in another European country who accompanies him from Europe to France
- Family of the holder of the residence card talent passport