Family reception for an elderly and/or disabled person (family friendly)
Verified 01 January 2024 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
What is a family welcome? The family reception allows an elderly and/or disabled person to be accommodated in the home of a family host. The guest pays the family welcome. It can obtain financial assistance, subject to certain conditions. We present you the regulations to know.
The family host (a single person or a couple) accommodated in his home an elderly person or a disabled adult. In exchange, the guest pays the family host.
The family host must have received a approval issued by the department's services. These services organize the monitoring of the host and the follow-up of the person accommodated.
Family reception can be temporary or sequential, part-time or full-time, or permanent.
The family friendly and the person accommodated must not not related. The person accommodated must be able-bodied, or have a loss of autonomy compatible with family care, that is, not be heavily dependent (for example, not need constant care).
Video: The family welcome
Vidéo - CNSA - Home
Alice and her nephew, Jean-Luc, visit Sylvie, a friendly family who lives with her two children in a small town not far from Alice's house. Three people can live at home and benefit from a supportive, stimulating presence and personalized support.
The list of approved family hosts can be obtained by requesting it from the department.
Who shall I contact
This family-friendly welcome
With the agreement of the family host, the person accommodated uses the This family-friendly welcome.
It is the Cesu National Center that manages the processing of the returns, calculates the amount of the contributions and makes the monthly deduction of the contributions from the bank account of the person received.
In order to join the Eesc, the successful candidate must use this online service:
The person being hosted or their legal representative must sign a reception contract with the family host in accordance with standard hosting contract.
The contract must be signed at the latest on the day of arrival of the person accommodated.
A signed copy of the contract should be sent to the department. If the contract is modified, this modification must be reported and the new version of the contract sent to the department.
Who shall I contact
The contract provides for a personalized reception project, i.e. taking into account the needs of the person accommodated. It shall contain in an annex the charter of rights and freedoms of the person hosted.
The host contract shall indicate in particular the following:
- Duration of the trial period and conditions for amending or terminating the contract with notice of the period of notice which may not be less than 2 months
- Duration and pace of reception, i.e. permanent, temporary or sequential, full-time or part-time and period for which it is concluded
- Material obligations of the host (accommodation, catering, maintenance)
- Rights and obligations of the host and the person accommodated
- Obligations of the two parties to take out insurance
- Financial conditions of reception (remuneration and allowances)
- Entitlement to the host's annual leave and conditions for its replacement
- Social and medico-social monitoring of the person accommodated
The cost of hospitality includes:
- Remuneration for services rendered (preparation and service of meals, ironing, personal assistance for the accomplishment of certain acts, travel to take the person accommodated to the doctor...)
- Vacation pay
- Allowances referred to as special subjects calculated on the basis of the person's need for assistance, linked to his disability or loss of independence
- Allowance for making rooms available in the dwelling
- Maintenance allowance (water, heating, foodstuffs, cleaning and hygiene products, etc.)
The person accommodated pays directly to the family host by any means (transfer, bank check...).
Remuneration for services rendered
The amount of remuneration for services rendered shall be equal to €29.13 raw per day.
This remuneration shall be supplemented by an allowance for paid leave corresponding to 10% remuneration for services rendered.
Salary for services rendered and holiday pay are subject to social security contributions by the person accommodated.
To calculate the amount of these social contributions, you can use the following simulator:
Allowance for special circumstances
Depending on the level of hardship, i.e. the availability of the family host linked to the health status of the person accommodated, the amount of the daily allowance is between €4.31 and €17.01.
Allowances for special circumstances are subject to the payment of social security contributions by the person accommodated.
Allowance for making rooms available in the dwelling
The accommodation allowance corresponds to the cost of occupancy of the accommodation. It shall be fixed as follows:
- Size and quality of the rooms made available to the guest
- Average rental prices in the surrounding area
The amount of the allowance is negotiated between the host and the family host.
The department has a right of control over the amount of this allowance.
The maintenance allowance is variable according to the needs of the person accommodated (food, hygiene and maintenance products...). This allowance shall be between €8.3 and €20.75.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
For the person accommodated
For the welcoming family
The welcoming family can benefit from a tax credit for capital expenditures for seniors and/or persons with disabilities incurred in their main dwelling.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region