What should a foreigner do if his residence permit is lost?

Verified 13 September 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

If you are a foreigner and you have lost your residence card, you must take different steps depending on the location of the loss (in France or abroad). In any case, you must request a duplicate of your residence card. Its cost varies depending on the type and the mention.

What applies to you ?

Where did you lose your card?
What is your nationality?
What is the type of residence card?

Vous avez choisi

    Choisir votre cas