Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

What should a foreigner do if his/her residence card is stolen?

Verified 13 septembre 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

If you are a foreigner and have been robbed of your residence card, you must take different steps depending on the place of the flight (in France or at the foreigner). In all cases, you must request a duplicate your residence card, the cost of which varies according to the type and the mention.

What applies to you ?

Depending on your personal situation, the steps to take may vary.

Where was your residence card stolen?
Where do you live?
What is your nationality?
What is the type of residence card?