What resources are taken into account for the calculation of RSA entitlements?
Verified 03 November 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The amount of the RSA: titleContent depends on your resources and those of your hearth.
The resources considered are as follows:
- Earnings from paid employment (wages, bonuses, overtime, pre-funded earnings by Cesu, severance pay, compensatory allowance for paid leave, notice, etc.)
- Income from self-employment
- Volunteer allowance in some cases
- Maternity daily allowance, paternity, adoption
- Accident at work Sickness benefit,
- Short-time work allowances
- Unemployment benefits (return-to-work allowance, occupational security allowance)
- Pensions, pensions, annuities
- Maintenance payments
- Daily allowances for accompanying a person at the end of life
- Compensation paid to asbestos victims
- Compensatory benefits
- Exceptional resources (sale of a house, building, land, inheritance, winnings at games, etc.)
- Invested capital (real non-income-producing assets are considered to be notionally producing an annual income equal to 3% their amount (e.g. life insurance contract). However, booklet A is not affected by the 3% : you only have to declare the interest earned annually. Amounts on current accounts are not included in the calculation of the SSA.
- Orphan's pension
- Some family benefits (examples: family allowances, family supplement, family support allowance)
- Disabled Adult Allowance (DAA)
- Supplementary Disability Allowance (SIA)
- Monthly lump-sum business resumption premium
- Rents of a rented building
- Rental value of a dwelling, local or unleased land
- Maintenance allowance received from child welfare as a trustworthy third party
These resources are taken into account differently.
For more information, see the Package Leaflet of the quarterly resource reporting form and if necessary contact your Caf: titleContent or, if you are a member of the agricultural plan, the MSA: titleContent.
You can obtain an estimate of your rights using a simulator:
You can inquire with your Cof:
Who shall I contact
Who shall I contact
- Code of Social Action and Families: Articles L262-2 to L262-12Conditions for the award of the RSA
- Code of Social Action and Families: Articles R262-6 to R262-14Determination of resources
- Code of Social Action and Families: Article R132-1Non-income-producing goods
- Code of Social Action and Families: Articles L132-1 to L132-12Non-income-producing goods: Article L132-1
- Decree No. 2017-811 of 5 May 2017 on the calculation of active solidarity income for self-employed workersCalculation of the SSA for self-employed persons
- Ministerial Reply No 84436 of 5 April 2016 on real or non-real income-producing assetsTaking account of livret A and life insurance
- Council of State, 1st Chamber, 14/06/2017, 401637