Can you still receive the third-party compensation (TPCA)?

Verified 01 April 2024 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Yes, this allowance was replaced in 2006 by the Disability Compensation Benefit (DCP)However, you can continue to benefit from it if you were already collecting it.

To do this, you need to keep filling in all conditions following:

  • Have a minimum disability rate of 80% recognized by the CDAPH: titleContent
  • Using a third person (caregiver, care staff...) to help you with essential everyday activities (e.g. eating, walking, dressing)
  • Reside in Metropolitan France or in Guadeloupe, Guyana, Martinique, Reunion, Saint-Barthélemy, Saint-Martin or Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon
  • Be of French nationality or have a valid residence permit
  • Have resources less than or equal to the resource ceilings to collect Disabled Adult Allowance (DAA)

There is no age limit to continue collecting CPSA.

However, from the age of 60, you can ask to benefit from Custom Autonomy Allocation (Apa) in place of CPPA.

The amount of the CPWA varies depending on your medical condition and the need for a third party to assist you in your day-to-day activities.

Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement

Need help with all essential everyday tasks

You're collecting CPSA at a full rate. Its amount is €1,013 per month.

The amounts collected do not have to be repaid by your heirs upon your death.

Need help with one or a few essential everyday tasks

You collect the CCPA at a reduced rate.

Its amount is between €506.64 and €886.62 .

The amounts collected do not have to be repaid by your heirs upon your death.


You can benefit from a tax credit for employment of a person.

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region