Skills assessment of a private sector employee
Verified 04 May 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
Employee financial participation in the CPF skills assessment
Published on 1 January 2023
However, the employee's financial contribution will not be due when the employer finances part of the cost of the training.
A decree is expected on this.
In the meantime, the information on this page is up to date.
The purpose of a skills check is to analyze your professional and personal skills and to define a professional and possibly training project.
Funding for the skills assessment is provided through the Personal Training Account (PTA).
We present you with the information you need to know.
If you are an employee of the private sector or jobseeker, you can benefit from a skills check.
Role of the employer
The demand differs depending on whether the skills assessment takes place in the context of:
- From personal training account (PTA) that is, at your initiative
- From skills development plan, i.e. at the initiative of your employer
- Or a reclassification leave. The latter is offered if your company of at least 1,000 employees plans to dismiss you for economic reasons.
At your initiative: CPF
When you use the CPF for a realized balance sheet non-working time, your employer does not have to be informed.
When you use your CPF for a review done in all or part of the working time, you must seek the prior agreement of your employer.
This agreement is not necessary if your balance sheet is entirely outside working time.
From the receipt of your request, your employer has 30 calendar days to give you its answer.
Employer-initiated: Skills development plan or retraining leave
Skills Development Plan
You have to agree.
It is the subject of a written agreement between the employer, you and the organization providing the skills assessment.
The Convention reminds the signatories of their main obligations.
Duration, implementation period, delivery of results, prices.
You have 10 days to make your acceptance known by returning the signed agreement.
Failure to reply by you at the end of this period shall be deemed to constitute a refusal to conclude the agreement.
Your refusal is neither a fault nor grounds for dismissal.
The competency check can be carried out at the beginning of reclassification leave.
Choice of provider organization
You choose the skills assessment provider.
The employer cannot carry out a skills assessment for its employees.
You can choose a competency check offered by a provider based on in particular the following criteria:
- Place of supply
- Rhythm (day, evening, part-time...)
- Provider Availability
- Evaluation of the performance by the trainees.
For this, go to my account formation.gouv.fr.
The preliminary phase is intended to:
- Analyze your request and your need of the beneficiary
- Determine the format that best suits your situation and needs
- Jointly define the procedure for carrying out the balance sheet.
The investigation phase allows you to:
- Either build your professional project and check its relevance,
- Or to develop one or more alternatives.
The wrap-up phase enables you to perform the following actions through custom interviews:
- Take ownership of the detailed results of the investigation phase
- Identify the conditions and means to achieve your professional project(s)
- Plan the main stages of the professional project(s), including the possibility of a follow-up interview with the skills assessment provider.
This phase ends with a summary document prepared by the provider organization. You are the only beneficiary of the detailed results and summary document.
They may be communicated to a third party only with its agreement.
The duration of the skills assessment is Maximum 24 hours.
In practice, a skills assessment does not span a very long period.
In the framework of the CPF
The balance sheet is financed by the money you have on your CPF.
To find out the amount of this amount, go to my account formation.gouv.fr.
As part of the development plan or retraining leave
The cost of the skills check is borne by your employer.
When the balance is made on working time, your remuneration is maintained.
If the check-up is unfolding excluding working time, no remuneration is paid.
You can talk about this project to conduct a skills check with a professional development advisor (POC).
He can help you for free in your efforts.
It is not the same depending on where you live.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Labor Code: Article L6313-1List of authorized courses
- Labor Code: Article L6313-4Skills assessment
- Labor Code: Articles R6313-4 to R6313-8Skills assessment
- Labor Code: Articles L6323-1 to L6323-9Competence assessment in the framework of the CPF (Article L6323-6)
- Labor Code: Articles D6323-6 to D6323-8Competence assessment in the framework of the CPF (Article D6323-6)