Personal Training Account (CPF) - Private Sector
Verified 17 November 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Additional cases ?
The Personal Training Account (CPF) is usable by all employees throughout their working life, including during periods of unemployment, to take a qualifying or certifying training. The CPF replaced the individual right to training (Dif). Employees do not lose the hours acquired under the Dif. They must be enrolled in the FPC by July 1, 2021 to retain them.
The Personal Training Account (CPF) is available on My Training Account..
The CPF shall identify the following information:
- Rights acquired by the employee throughout his working life and until his retirement
- Training that the employee can personally benefit from.
These include training for the following objectives:
- Acquisition of a qualification (diploma, professional title, etc.)
- Acquisition of knowledge and skills base
- Accompaniment for the validation of experience (VAE)
- Competency assessment
- Creating or taking over a business
- Acquisition of skills necessary for the performance of volunteer missions in civic service
You can use your CPF to finance the B license (preparations for the theoretical test of the road code and the practical test of the driving license). Obtaining a license must contribute to the realization of your professional project or help to secure your professional career. And you must not be subject to a suspension of your license or a ban on applying for a license (this obligation is verified by a certificate on the honor of the person concerned).
To be taken over, the preparation for a B permit must be carried out by a registered establishment and declared as a training organization.
To have access to this personalized information (rights, admitted trainings), you must connect to the website dedicated to the training account and open an account with its social security number:
You can also download the app to your mobile phone (via AppleStore or PlayStore).
The CPF is intended for any person:
- Member of a professional or self-employed profession
- Collaborating spouse
- Looking for a job
the CPF applies to self-employed persons since 1to January 2018 (their account will be populated during the 1to semester 2020 if contribution of vocational training was acquitted).
The CPF is automatically powered at the beginning of the year following the year worked (so the rights acquired in 2019 will be available at 1to quarter 2020). The rights remain vested even in the event of a change of employer or loss of employment.
For a full-time employee, or part-time employee, the account is fed up to €500 per working year, subject to a ceiling of €5,000..
Account power is up to €500 per working year, subject to a ceiling of €5,000..
Account power is up to €800 per working year, subject to a ceiling of €8,000, for a full-time employee who has not attained a level of qualification attested by:
- a degree in CAP/BEP
- or professional title registered and classified at level 3 of the NCR: titleContent
- or certification recognized by a national industry collective agreement.
Employee who is in receipt of the employment obligation
Account power is increased by €300 by year of work, in addition to €500 normally perceived €800 per year), subject to a €8000..
The employee who is the beneficiary of the employment obligation shall be in one of the following situations:
- Recognized disabled worker
- Victim of accidents at work or occupational diseases resulting in permanent disability
- Invalidity pension awarded under the general social security scheme
- Military pensioner
- Holders of a disability allowance or pension for volunteer firefighters
- Mobility Inclusion Card Holder
- Holder of the adult disability allowance (HAA),
For an employee whose working time has been less than half the legal or conventional working time, the amount of the account shall be calculated in proportion to the working time worked. Where the calculation of his duties results in an amount in euro with decimals, that amount shall be rounded up to the second decimal place, to the nearest euro cent.
Where the employee falls into more than one category during the same year, the Caisse des dépôt et consignations (CDC) applies the most favorable annual amount of maintenance and the maximum amount.
The employer contributes to the account in 4 cases:
- An agreement provides for this (State, branch or enterprise agreement)
- In enterprises with at least 50 employees, the employer did not professional interview, scheduled every 2 years, and the employee has not received at least one non-compulsory training action during the last 6 years. The account is then abundant with €3000 complementary
- There are insufficient fees for training (to obtain information on how the account can be completed, it is recommended that the employee request free assistance from a professional development advisor or to speak to their employer or human resources branch)
- An employee shall be dismissed as a result of the refusal to amend his employment contract as a result of the application of an enterprise agreement (he shall be entitled to a minimum of €3000 its CPF).
the employer has until december 31, 2020 to put in place the new framework for professional maintenance.
Rights acquired in hours in the public sector may be converted into euros.
The conversion into euro of acquired rights in hours shall be made at the rate of €15 per hour.
The use of CPF is your sole responsibility. Your employer cannot therefore require you to use your CPF to fund training. You need your agreement. Your refusal to use your CPF is not a fault.
You retain your acquired rights under the Dif, provided that you enter the balance of those rights on the CPF application before July 1, 2021. If you have Dif hours you must use them first.
Each employer was required to inform each employee in writing of the total number of unused hours of Dif as at December 31, 2014.
This information can be found in the following documents:
- December 2014 Salary Bulletin
- Certificate of hours of Dif (transmitted by the employer of the time)
- Work certificate issued by your last employer (before December 2014)
The employee may refer the matter to the prud'homme council to request the communication of his hours of Dif.
It is then up to the employee to enter the balance of his Dif on his CPF. He can get help from a Professional Development Advisor (CEP)..
If the employee wishes to take part in training during his working time, he must contact his employer and ask his permission at least:
- 60 calendar days before the start of the training if the training is less than 6 months in duration,
- or 120 calendar days before the start of the training if the training is more than 6 months.
The employer has 30 calendar days to notify his answer to the employee. Failure to reply within this period shall constitute acceptance of the request for training.
On the other hand, when the training requested is taken outside working time, the employee does not have to seek the agreement of his employer and can mobilize his rights to training freely. In this case, he can have his training request validated by a professional development advisor..
Cost of training
Educational costs (i.e. training costs) may be covered under the personal training account. Mobility and related costs are excluded from this allowance.
Compensation of the employee during training
The hours spent on training during working time constitute effective working time and result in the employer maintaining the employee's remuneration.
On the other hand, when the employee is trained on his free time, this training time does not give entitlement to remuneration.
- Labor Code: Articles L6323-1 to L6323-9General principle and training
- Labor Code: Articles L6323-10 to L6323-15Account Feed and Bounty
- Labor Code: Articles L6323-16 to L6323-17-6Account Mobilization
- Labor Code: Articles L6323-18 to L6323-19Remuneration and social protection
- Labor Code: Articles R6323-1 to D6323-3-3CPF Power
- Labor Code: Article D6323-4Account Mobilization
- Labor Code: Article D6323-5Cost of training
- Labor Code: Articles D6323-6 to D6323-8Allowed Training
- Labor Code: Articles R6323-43 and D6323-44Modalities for the use of acquired rights in an activity under public law
- Decree No. 2018-1153 of 14 December 2018 on the arrangements for converting the hours acquired under the personal training account into euros
- My Training Account
- Professional Development Consulting (CEP)Service-Public.fr
- Unemployment: Personal Training Account (CPF) of an applicant for employmentService-Public.fr
- Self-employed person training accountCenter for Development of Training Information (Infos Center)