What are the real estate diagnostics to provide in case of rental?
Verified 01 June 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The landlord must provide the tenant with the following documents:
- Energy Performance Diagnostic (EPD)
- Risk of exposure to lead (Crep)
- Copy of the report indicating the presence or absence of asbestos (on request of the tenant)
- Status of the internal installation of electricity if the installation is more than 15 years old
- Inland gas installation status if the installation is more than 15 years old
- Status of risks and pollution (natural, mining, technological, seismic, radon...) to determine whether the dwelling is located in an area at risk
- Noise Diagnosis
These diagnoses must be grouped together in a technical diagnostic file (DDT) to be attached to the lease. DDT is sent by e-mail (e-mail) unless the tenant explicitly objects.
the diagnoses must be carried out upstream, preferably before the advertisements for the rental are published.
- Act No. 89-462 of 6 July 1989 on rental reports: Article 3-3Technical Diagnostic Folder (DDT) Contents
- Find a Certified Real Estate Diagnostic
- Real estate rental: leaseService-Public.fr
- Real estate diagnostics memo in case of sale or rentalNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Information on natural hazardsPrime Minister