What are the real estate diagnostics to be provided in case of rental?
Verified 14 February 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The lessor must provide you with the following:
- Energy Performance Diagnostic (EDP)
- Lead Risk Assessment (Crep)
- Copy of the statement indicating the presence or absence of asbestos
- State of indoor electricity installation if the installation is more than 15 years old
- State of indoor gas installation if the installation is more than 15 years old
- Status of risks and pollution (natural, mining, technological, seismic, radon...)
- Noise Diagnosis
These diagnostics must be grouped into a folder called the Technical Diagnostic Record (DDT).
The lessor must attach this file to the lease at the time of signature and in the event of renewal of the lease.
a copy of the statement indicating the presence or absence of asbestos must also be appended to the lease, once an implementing decree has been issued.
diagnostics must be performed before rental by a certified diagnoser, preferably even before the rental advertisement is published.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Find a Certified Real Estate Diagnoser
- Real estate rental: rental agreement (lease)Service-Public.fr
- Memo on real estate diagnostics in case of sale or rentalNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Information on natural hazardsPrime Minister