Naturalization: what proof of domicile to provide?
Verified 27 January 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
To make a French application for naturalization, you must provide the proof of domicile depending on your situation:
You're a tenant
- Lease Agreement
- Last 3 rent receipts
- Latest phone, internet or energy bill (electricity, gas)
- Double-sided copy of your parents' residence permit if they take care of you
You own it
You must provide the deed of ownership.
You are hosted
- Proof of accommodation
- Identity document of the person hosting you (identity card, passport...)
- Copy double-sided the residence permit of your parents if they take care of you
The documents to be provided are photocopies.
Depending on your situation, other documents may be asked of yous.
In case of change of address, inform your naturalization platform by mail in the one-month period.
Attach your letter on proof of your new address.
Who shall I contact
one simulator shows you the list custom of documents to be provided to request the French naturalization. You can also consult a video.
- Translating a document: how to find a certified translator?
- French naturalization: what proof of civil status and nationality?
- Naturalization: what proof of resources and taxes to provide?
- French naturalization: what documents to provide if you live in a couple?
- Naturalization: what documents should you provide if you are divorced, separated or widowed?
- Naturalization: what justifications for minor children?
- French nationality: how can you justify your level in French?
- Civil status documentsService-Public.fr
- Application for asylum (refugee, subsidiary protection, stateless)Service-Public.fr
- Application for naturalizationService-Public.fr
- Legalization of documents of foreign origin (authentication)Service-Public.fr