Wanted Persons Index (RFT)
Verified 28 June 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Wondering who is on the wanted list (RFT)? Want to know what information is saved and who can see it? We provide you with the rules to know about how the RPF works.
The RPF: titleContent is one working tool of gendarmes, police officers, staff of customs and enforcement officers national financial intelligence unit.
It is used to search for, monitor, or control certain people at the request of judicial authorities, administrative authorities or police or gendarmerie services.
The file is organized in 18 categories.
Each category groups RPF registrants under the same reason.
For example, category S groups RPF registrants to prevent a serious threat to public security or state security if information has been collected about them.
Some decisions of the judge result in the entry in the RPF: titleContent.
Research mandate, judicial review, suspension or cancelation of the driving license, prohibition on driving certain vehicles, prohibition on entering France, prohibition on stay, prohibition on entry to a stadium, prohibition on leaving the territory, entry in the Fijait: titleContent or at Finnish: titleContent, prohibition of participation in demonstrations on public roads
The administration may apply for registration in the RPF: titleContent in certain situations.
Person wanted to prevent a serious threat to public security or state security if real information or clues were collected about him, minor forbidden to leave France without the authorization of the 2 parents, runaway minor, person who did not deliver his invalidated driving license on time for balance of points zero, debtor of the public treasury, person who tried to illegally obtain a national identity card or a passport
A person may also be registered with the RPF if they are wanted in connection with a criminal investigation.
Disappearance of a person in disturbing or suspicious conditions, discovery of an unidentified deceased or living person, a runaway minor
- Identity: surname and forenames, date and place of birth, parentage, other known identities, gender, nationality
- Description and photo
- Search Reason
- What to do if you discover something
People, individually designated and specially empowered, may consult the RPF, to varying degrees, in particular:
- National Police Officer
- Soldier of the National Gendarmerie
- Customs Officer
- Officer of the Ministry of the Interior, Prefectures and Sub-Prefectures
- Agent of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Agent of the National Council for Private Security Activities (CNAPS)
- Passenger Information Unit Officer
- National Financial Intelligence Unit Officer
- Officer, National Administrative Security Investigations
- Nuclear Security Command Officer
The information recorded in the RPF shall be communicated to the following persons and services, solely within the framework of their powers and subject to conditions:
- Judicial authority
- International Cooperation Body for the Judicial Police and the foreigner Police Service
- Municipal police officer, at the request of a police officer or gendarme to search for a missing person
- Service Agent Finnish: titleContent
- Service Agent Fijait: titleContent
- Officer of the specialized intelligence services of the Ministry of Defense
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
Obligation to leave unfulfilled territory
The information shall be deleted at the latest 3 years after the date of signature of the obligation to leave French territory.
Other RPF Enrollment Reason
The information is retained until the reason for registration is deleted.
For example, in the case of a registration linked to the search for a missing person in worrying conditions, the information is erased as soon as the person is found.
You can send a request to the ministry of the interior to access your personal information.
The request is made by post.
You must specify file(s) to which you want access.
Attach a copy of a signed identity document.
Who shall I contact
The Ministry of the Interior has 2 months to respond to you from the date of receipt of your request.
If there is no reply within this period or if you refuse, you can enter the Cnil: titleContent.
The request is made by mail.
Attach the following documents to your application:
- Copy of a signed identity document
- Copy of the negative reply from the Ministry of the Interior or, in the absence of a reply, a copy of your initial request
Who shall I contact
You can also to appeal in front of the Paris Administrative Court.
Who shall I contact
it is not possible to object to your registration in the RPF: titleContent, because this file is about public safety.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Computer files and personal dataService-Public.fr
- Prior criminal history (PAT)Service-Public.fr
- Automated National DNA Data Bank (ANFG)Service-Public.fr
- Automated fingerprint file (FAED)Service-Public.fr
- File of perpetrators of sexual or violent offenses (Fijais)Service-Public.fr
- Terrorist Offenders Index (Fijait)Service-Public.fr
- Wanted Persons Index (RFT)National Commission for Informatics and Freedoms (Cnil)