Information and consumer protection
Information on prices and balances is regulated. After the purchase of a good, there are provisions to protect the consumer who wishes to withdraw from the purchase or who has a problem with delivery. In case of dispute, a mediator or conciliator may be used. This page provides general rules, but does not address specific rules for certain purchases (remote purchase, service, etc.).
- Balances, Promotion or Reduction, Settlement
- Sales and purchase agreement
- Delivery of property purchased by an individual from a professional
- Timeframes for reflection and withdrawal
- Write to the trader if an object is forced to be sent to his home
- Report to fraud repression a trader who does not display prices
- Ask merchant to refund paid options invoiced without your consent
- Request cancellation of contract with minor child and refund
- Formal delivery of the goods or services by the scheduled date
- Cancel the sale if the good or service was not delivered after a formal notice
- Ask the trader to refund the amount paid to the order in the absence of delivery
- Ask the trader to refund the prepayment of a cancelled order for non-delivery
- Ask the seller to extend the commercial guarantee for a device that has been in repair for a long time
- Forcing the seller to enforce the commercial warranty for a device that often fails
- Forbid the seller to deliver goods in accordance with the ordered goods
- Request cancellation of home sale for abuse of weakness
- Request the application of the legal warranty of hidden defects for a new and defective purchased good
- Complaint about the content of an advertisement
- How to reach the DGCCRF (consumption, competition and fraud prevention)?
- Prepayment, advance, deposit and credit: what differences?
- Is an invoice required for a sale between individuals?
- Can a contract for the provision of services with tacit renewal be terminated?
- Purchase of precious metals from individuals: what are the rules?
- Is an e-registered letter legal?
- Remote PurchaseService-Public.fr
- Electronic communications (telephone, internet, television)Service-Public.fr
- In store, what are my rights?National Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Is a receipt or note required?National Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Delivery Delay: procedureNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Off-premises sales (or "home selling")National Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Sales on the highwayMinistry of Economy
- Outdoor Sales and MarketsMinistry of Economy
- Aggressive business practicesMinistry of Economy
- Deceptive marketing practicesMinistry of Economy
- Unfair commercial practicesNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Sale without prior order - Forced mail orderNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Abuse of WeaknessNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Dangerous goods symbolsNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Official signs of food qualityMinistry of Economy
- Clothing LabellingMinistry of Economy