Association: resource evolution

Verified 28 December 2023 - Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister), Ministry responsible for Associative Life

You run an association and want to know if you need to report a change in your resources?

We present you with the information you need to know.

An association can supplement its usual revenues (e.g. membership fees) by developing a commercial activity.

As long as associative activities remain the largest part of the association's accounting, it is exempt from paying tax on its commercial activity.

On the other hand, if the amount of commercial revenue (from the sale of goods or services) exceeds €76,679 every year, the association must notify the public finance center responsible for its head office.

The association must also perform the same statements companies (i.e. by drawing up an accounting balance sheet, presenting its revenue and expenditure).

Who shall I contact

If the association receives more than €153,000 of donations or grants per year, it must appoint a auditor.

If the association receives more than €153,000 of donations or grants per year, it must also publish accounts in the Associations section of the website

This publication is free and is on the internet :

Publication of the annual accounts of associations, foundations and endowment funds


the contributions members are not to be counted as gifts.

If the association acquires or sells real estate, it must inform the registry of associations in the 3 months.

In order to do so, it must declare or update the list of assets it owns (even if the list did not include any assets).

The declaration may be made on the Internet or by post.

By using the online procedure, the case is processed more quickly.

Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement

On-site or by mail

The cerfa form n°13970 must be completed and sent to the Registry of Associations.

Declaration of the condition of buildings owned by the association (form)

Who shall I contact

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region