Employee Disability Early Retirement
Verified 04 March 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
If you have worked with a disability, you can retire early before age 62, at the earliest after age 55, if you meet certain retirement insurance terms.
You must meet the following 2 conditions:
- Have a minimum number of pension insurance quarters, all pension plans combined, including a minimum number of contributory quarters, all pension plans combined
- Justify, during these periods of insurance, a condition of disability
Pension insurance term condition
You must have a minimum number of retirement insurance quarters, including a minimum number of quarters contributed by your year of birth and by your retirement age:
You must meet one of the following 2 conditions throughout the term of insurance and the entire period of time contributed:
- Have a permanent disability rate of at least 50% or a disability of comparable level
- Have the status of disabled worker (DTH) for periods before 2016. This status is not taken into account for periods after 31 December 2015.
To check the simultaneous nature of the disability with the required duration, all periods are added (disabled worker, permanent disability, disability of comparable level).
You must justify your permanent disability rate of at least 50% or your disability of comparable level through certain documents.
If you meet the conditions for the duration of insurance and the duration of contributions, without having, for part of the duration of insurance, the administrative recognition of your disability rate or of your status as a disabled worker, you can request the validation of this period.
You must complete this validation request at the time of your retirement application.
In order to apply for this validation, you must have a permanent disability or at least a disability at the time of your application for retirement 80%.
The duration of services that can be validated is limited to 30% the total insurance period required.
You should contact your Carsat: titleContent an application for early retirement certification for disabled insured persons.
Application for Early Retirement Certification for Insured Persons with Disabilities
Who shall I contact
You must attach to this document the supporting documents proving your permanent disability or disability for the duration of the insurance and the duration of the contribution or the recognition of your disability before 2016.
This certificate is issued, no earlier than 6 months before the possible date of early retirement.
To request that periods for which you do not have administrative recognition of your disability rate or disability status be taken into account when calculating your total insurance period, you must provide the following documents:
- Mail specifying period(s) concerned
- Decision of your departmental house of disabled persons (DPH) justifying your disability rate of at least 80% on the date of your retirement application
- Medical file, enclosed with a label medical confidentiality to justify your disability rate during the period(s) to be validated
As soon as you receive the Early Retirement Certificate, you can apply for your retirement on the from your personal space.
You will be asked, via this service, to send the certificate issued by the Pension Insurance.
you can also apply for your retirement by mail application form.
- Social Security Code: Article L351-1-3General principles
- Social Security Code: Article L161-21-1Opening of pension rights and liquidation
- Law n°2014-40 of 20 January 2014 guaranteeing the future and the justice of the pension system: Article 36
- Social Security Code: items D351-1-1 to D351-1-13Term of insurance and retirement application
- Social Security Code: Items D161-2-1-9 to D161-2-4-3Items D161-2-4-1 to D161-2-4-3: recognition of periods equivalent to periods of permanent incapacity
- Decision of 24 July 2015 on the list of documents to justify a 50 % incapacity
- Circular Cnav n°2018-24 of 23 October 2018 on early retirement for disabled insured persons (PDF - 1 256 Ko)
- Retirement InfoPublic interest group "Union retiree"
- Social Security Pension Insurance SitePension Insurance - Social Security Retirement