Can we do the roadworthiness test abroad?

Verified 28 December 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

No, roadworthiness (car, van, motorhome) must be done in France by a recognized organization.

Please note

For the approach to registration of a used vehicle over 4 years of age purchased in Europe (EU), you must provide proof of the roadworthiness test. You do not need to do it again in France if it was made in Europe (EU) less than 6 months ago (2 months if counter-visit has been prescribed).

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region