Carte grise How to do the roadworthiness test without the vehicle?
Verified 25 November 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Carte grise In principle, the vehicle's Certificate of Registration (C of R) is obligatory to pass the roadworthiness test.
Carte grise In the absence of, you must present any official document permitting vehicle identification.
The following documents are accepted :
- Provisional Certificate of Registration (PIC) valid.
- Vehicle identification form issued online on theANTS: titleContent
- Provisional movement certificate valid for 7 days issued by the police in case vehicle immobilization system
- Certificate issued by the manufacturer or his representative in the case of a vehicle over 30 years of age
- Certificate issued by the Fédération Française des Vehicles d'Epoque (FFVE) in the case of a vehicle over 30 years of age
- Foreigners Registration Certificate
- Official document proving ownership of the vehicle and endorsed by the administrative authorities of the country of origin
- Official document certifying that the certificate of registration has been withdrawn
- Special certificate French forces and civilian elements stationed in Germany (FFECSA) on which is affixed the words ‘Final cancelation of the special series FFECSA’ and the date of validity of the certificate
- Certificate of filing of a separate receipt file, less than one year old, issued by the department responsible for vehicle approvals, stating the reason for approval
- Certificate of registration blocked by the previous owner of the vehicle
- Copy of Certificate of Registration endorsed by a professional vendor
- Copy of Certificate of Registration endorsed by a Commissioner of Justice (former bailiff and auctioneer)
- Copy of the Certificate of Registration covered by a business to lease vehicles
the report submitted at the end of the roadworthiness test shall indicate the document submitted instead of the registration certificate.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region