What is Inclusion through Economic Activity (EIA)?

Verified 31 August 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Inclusion through economic activity (IAE) enables people who are unemployed and face social and occupational difficulties to benefit from an employment contract. Proposed by certain structures, this pathway may include training actions.

The IAE is aimed at people who are particularly far from work:

  • Long-term unemployed
  • Persons receiving social benefits (RSA, ASS, AAH,...)
  • Young people under the age of 26 in great difficulty
  • Recognized disabled workers

Pôle emploi targets these individuals and directs them to specialist social and vocational integration organizations (examples: integration company, intermediate association) that can offer them work.

In order to benefit from the IAE, a specific employment contract must be signed with one of these structures.

Tableau - Areas of activity and employment contracts covered by the integration structures

Insertion structures

Industry sector

Nature of the employment contract

Insertion company (EI)

Market goods and services


Temporary Insertion Work company (ETTI)

Sectors covered by the temporary work


Workshops and insertion sites (ACI)

All sectors of activity



- Trainee in vocational training

Intermediate Association (IA)

Personal services (mainly)


- CDD of use

This contract is renewable up to a maximum of 24 months in principle.

An employee hired under an IAE benefits, in particular before leaving the scheme, from enhanced monitoring and support (evaluation, job search workshops, skills assessment, etc.).

Under certain conditions, a person who is 57 years of age or older may enter into a DTA: titleContent at the end of a minimum period of 12 months after the start of its integration into the integration structure.

To conclude this DTA, the structure examines in particular the situation of the person in relation to the accompanying and training actions carried out during the first contract.

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region