Can an employee take time off to prepare for and take an exam?
Verified 06 February 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Yes, the employer may grant, under the Job Transition Project (known as TPP), a training leave which may be used to take an examination.
This training leave shall:
- Enables the follow-up of a certifying training
- May involve passing an exam to validate skills and knowledge related to this training.
This training leave may be taken over by a regional commission (formerly Fongecif, now called Transitions Pro association).
The practices associated with this examination leave may vary from one commission to another.
It is possible to get closer to her to find out the modalities applied in the region.
Who shall I contact
The employee can also use his personal training account (PTA) for certain driving licenses.
Eligible licenses are B, B78, C1, C, D1, D, C1E, CE, D1E, DE.
The FPC can be used to:
- Preparation of the theoretical test of the highway code
- The practical test of driving licenses for light and heavy vehicles.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Labor Code: Articles L6323-16 to L6323-17-6Certifying Training (Article L6323-17-1)
- Career Transition ProjectService-Public.fr