Carte grise Purchase of a vehicle on lease: how to obtain the
Verified 28 June 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
If you buy a vehicle in leasing (or leasing or rent-to-own), you don't own it during the term of the contract. Registration formalities are the responsibility of the owner (financial institution or lender). Carte grise You will not have to ask for the certificate of registration).
Carte grise You will need to provide the owner with documents to establish the
It shall indicate:
- the name of the lender as owner,
- and your name and address as tenant of the vehicle.
- Highway Code: Articles R322-1 to R322-14Issuance of registration certificate
- Order of 9 February 2009 on the procedures for the registration of vehicles
- Leasing (lease with option to purchase) or long-term rentalService-Public.fr