What is the employment scheme for disabled workers?
Verified 16 November 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
A person recognized as a disabled worker by the Committee on the Rights and Autonomy of Persons with Disabilities (CDAPH) may benefit from a supported employment scheme from the age of 16. This system includes medico-social support and support for professional integration in order to access the labor market ordinary environment and stay there. It is set up by decision of the CDAPH.
The accompanying employment scheme shall apply to persons recognized as disabled by the CDAPH: titleContent..
This device consists of a help to get and keep your job in the ordinary environment through the following measures:
- Medico-social support and support for professional integration
- Assisting your employer (for example, by giving them the opportunity to call on a referee accompanied employment to assess and adjust your workstation)
This device is managed by legal person (for example, a establishment and support services - Esat). This legal person must have concluded a management agreement with an operator of the public employment service (employment center, job center, local mission...).
- Be recognized disabled worker by the UNHRC
- Must be at least 16 years old
- To be in search of employment in the ordinary environment or already in employment in the ordinary environment and to encounter difficulties to keep his job
The mechanism shall be implemented by decision of the CDAPH. It is therefore the CDAPH that guides you towards this accompaniment.
Job opportunities, job centers or a local mission may also recommend an orientation towards this mechanism.
You must give your consent to the installation of the device.
Once the agreement has been reached, the decision to implement the scheme is notified to the following persons:
- The manager of the employment scheme accompanied to draw up a management agreement
- Your employer
before the UNHRC decision, an assessment may be made to determine whether you are concerned with the scheme, in particular with regard to your professional project, abilities and needs.
The accompanying employment arrangement must include, as a minimum, the following benefits:
- Assess your situation taking into account your professional project, your abilities and needs and those of the employer
- Help with your professional project
- Assistance in your job search in close connection with companies that can recruit you. This assistance is provided by the legal person who manages the accompanied employment scheme and acts as an intermediary between you and the employers
- Job support to secure your career path (for example, by facilitating your access to training and skills assessment)
- Disability and private sector employmentService-Public.fr
- Job Accompanying - Version "easy to read and understand" (Falc) (PDF - 0)National Solidarity Fund for Autonomy (CNSA)
- The system of accompanied employment (PDF - 1.4 MB)Ministry of Labor
- Site of the AgefiphAssociation for the Management of the Fund for the Professional Integration of Persons with Disabilities (Agefiph)