What is the employment scheme for disabled workers?
Verified 16 November 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
A person recognized as a worker with a disability by the Commission des droits et de l’autonomie des personnes handicap (CDAPH) may benefit from an assisted employment scheme from the age of 16. This includes medical and social support and support for vocational integration in order to access the labor market ordinary environment and stick to it. It shall be set up by decision of the CDAPH.
The accompanied employment scheme concerns persons recognized as disabled workers by the CDAPH: titleContent.
This package consists of help to get and keep your job in the ordinary environment through the following measures:
- Medical and social support and support for vocational integration
- Accompanying your employer (for example, by offering him the possibility to call on a accompanying employment referent to evaluate and adapt your workstation)
This device is managed by a legal person (for example, a establishment and support services through labor - State). This legal person must have concluded a management agreement with an operator of the public employment service (Pôle emploi, Cap Emploi, local mission, etc.).
- Be recognized handicapped worker by the CDAPH
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be looking for work in the ordinary environment or already in employment in the ordinary environment and encounter difficulties to keep your job
The mechanism is implemented by decision of the CDAPH. It is therefore the CDAPH that directs you to this support.
Cap emploi, Pôle emploi or a local mission may also recommend a referral to this mechanism.
You must agree to the device being put in place.
Once the agreement has been reached, the decision to implement the scheme is notified to the following persons:
- The manager of the employment scheme accompanied to draw up a management agreement
- Your employer
before the decision of the CDAPH, an evaluation can be carried out to determine whether you are concerned by the device, particularly with regard to your professional project, your abilities and needs.
The accompanied employment scheme must include at least the following benefits:
- Assessment of your situation taking into account your professional project, your abilities and needs and those of the employer
- Help to realize your professional project
- Assistance in your job search closely linked to the companies that can recruit you. Such assistance shall be provided by the legal person managing the accompanied employment scheme and acting as an intermediary between you and the employers
- Job coaching to secure your career path (for example, by facilitating your access to training and skills assessment)
- Disability and employment in the private sectorService-Public.fr
- Supported Employment - Version "easy to read and understand" (Falc) (PDF - 0)National Solidarity Fund for Autonomy (CNSA)
- Site of the AgriphAssociation for the Management of the Fund for the Integration of Disabled Persons into Employment (Agefiph)