What is the employment scheme for disabled workers?
Verified 11 July 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
You are disabled and looking for a job in ordinary environment or have difficulty keeping your job? You can benefit, under certain conditions, from the employment scheme accompanied by disabled workers.
The accompanied employment scheme consists of an aid to obtain and keep your job in the ordinary environment in particular through the following measures:
- Help to realize your professional project
- Assistance in your job search closely linked to the companies that can recruit you
- Job coaching to secure your career path (for example, by facilitating your access to training and skills assessment)
This support is provided by a single referee.
If you are already in a job, your employer, public or private, can call on your unique referee to evaluate and adapt your job.
In order to benefit from the accompanied employment device, you must comply with the following conditions:
- You got the recognition of the status of disabled worker by the Committee on the Rights and Autonomy of Persons with Disabilities (CDAPH)
- You have the minimum 16 years
- You are looking for a job in ordinary environment or you already have a job and have difficulty keeping that job, in the public or private sector
You can benefit from the accompanied employment scheme if you work in an establishment and service of assistance through work (Esat) and have a project of insertion in an ordinary environment.
The accompanied employment scheme shall be implemented by decision of the Committee on the Rights and Autonomy of Persons with Disabilities (CDAPH). It is therefore the CDAPH that directs you to this support.
Cap emploi, Pôle emploi or a local mission may also recommend a referral to this mechanism.
before the decision of the CDAPH, an evaluation can be carried out to determine whether you are concerned by the device, particularly with regard to your professional project, your abilities and needs.
Once your orientation is confirmed, a unique referrer is assigned to you.
You must sign an individual accompanying agreement that specifies the nature of the intervention of your sole referee.
If you are already employed, your employer also signs this agreement.
No, it's not time-limited.
You can apply to benefit from the employment scheme accompanied throughout your career path as soon as you are looking for a job. When you are employed, the accompanied employment scheme may be requested by your employer for you.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Labor Code: Articles D5213-88 to D5213-93Implementation
- Private sector: What is the Disabled Workers Employment Obligation (HWO)?
- Public sector: What is the obligation to employ disabled workers?
- Can you work and receive the Disabled Adult Allowance (DAA)?
- Aid for the recognition of severe disability (RLH): What are the rules?
- How to be recognized as a disabled worker (RQTH)?
- Disability and employment in the private sectorService-Public.fr
- Recruitment of a person with a disability in the public serviceService-Public.fr
- Supported employment: specific scheme for the employment of persons with disabilitiesMinistry of Disability
- Supported Employment - Version "easy to read and understand" (Falc) (PDF - 0)National Solidarity Fund for Autonomy (CNSA)
- Site of the AgriphAssociation for the Management of the Fund for the Integration of Disabled Persons into Employment (Agefiph)