Prime "Helpful renovation of a detached house"
Verified 12 January 2024 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Do you want to carry out renovation work on your detached house? You can benefit from a financial aid called Performing renovation of a detached house. Your work must be undertaken (signed estimate) before 31 december 2025 and completed before 31 december 2026. We will tell you what the conditions are and how to take advantage of them.
You can benefit from the bonus if you own a detached house that has been built for more than 2 years.
Your home must be located in Metropolitan France.
This may be your principal residence or secondary.
If you are a tenant of a detached house, you can present the scheme of the premium Performing renovation of a detached house to your landlord to encourage him to have work done.
To be eligible for the bonus, your work must be committed (signed estimate) before 31 december 2025 and completed before 31 december 2026.
They must meet the criteria of the factsheet Comprehensive renovation of a detached house of the ministry responsible for the ecological transition.
Your work must include at least 1 isolation gesture from the following 3 categories:
- Thermal insulation work walls covering at least 75% of the total surface area of the walls opening onto the outside and implementing a method of insulation from the inside or from the outside
- Thermal insulation work roofs implementing an insulation method comprising one or more thermal insulation materials in a roof-terrace or in a roof creep and covering at least 75% of the total surface area of the roofs
- Thermal insulation work lost attic floors and low floors and covering at least 75% of the total floor area of lost attic and low floors between a heated volume and an unheated basement, a sanitary void or an open passage
In addition, your work must also make it possible to achieve an annual conventional reduction in primary energy consumption (without deducting the production of electricity that is self-consumed or exported) on the uses of heating, cooling, domestic hot water production of at least 55%.
Finally, changes heating equipment or domestic hot water production equipment should not lead to :
- The installation of heating equipment or domestic hot water production mainly using coal, fuel oil or gas
- Increased greenhouse gas emissions.
The companies who signed the Performing renovation of a detached house must offer you a complete support for the realization of your work.
Every households may benefit from the premium.
However, the amount of the premium differs depending on the level of your resources. Households with modest incomes benefit from a larger premium.
The revenues retained are reference tax revenue (RFR) of year N-2 (2022 for applications made in 2024).
You can still receive the bonus if your resources exceed those limits.
Before applying for the premium, you must have an energy audit of your home to know its energy and thermal characteristics. It also allows you to define the work to be done to improve the energy performance of your home and quantify the corresponding energy consumption before and after the work.
The mandatory energy audit for the sale of energy-intensive housing classified as F or G gives you the right to the bonus Coup de pouce Performance renovation of a detached house.
To have this energy audit performed, you can select a professional from the list of EGR certified professionals for the audit or overall renovation. An official directory is available:
The company carrying out the energy audit may not subcontract all or part of that audit. She must physically move to the site of the operation to ensure the visit of the building.
To apply for a bonus, you must follow the following steps:
- Select a company who signed the Charter Coup de pouce Efficient renovation of a detached house (or one of its partners). You can compare the different offers available on each company's website.
- Accept the offer of the company (or its partner) corresponding to your work before signing the quotation of your work
- Select an EGR professional to carry out your work
- Sign the quote offered by the EGR professional
- Have your work done by this professional.
- Update the energy audit on the basis of the work actually carried out, where the work carried out differs from the work recommended
- Send the supporting documents for your work to the company (or its partner) that signed the Charter Helpful renovation of a detached house (energy audit, invoices, self-signed certificate and delivered by the company that summarizes the work)
Invoices must absolutely list the work carried out with their performance levels in accordance with the requirements of the factsheet Comprehensive renovation of a detached house of the ministry responsible for the ecological transition.
It is strongly recommended to respect the following:
- Sign and date the quotation in handwriting (by hand)
- Verify that the premium relates exclusively to works and that the estimate clearly specifies their nature (marks, references, performance...). If it's personalized advice, for example, it won't be eligible for a bonus.
- If the work is performed by a subcontractor, verify that the quote includes the name of the subcontractor and that the work will be performed by the subcontractor
- Verify that the quote does not include a down payment the date of payment of which would be before the signature of your contract with the signatory company (this is false and prohibited)
To help you in your process, you can call on a consultant specialized in habitat renovation for free:
Who shall I contact
The amount of the premium varies according to the offers of the companies that have signed the Coup de pouce charter, but they must respect a certain minimum amount.
These amounts are calculated in euro per megawatt hour (MWh). They differ according to the annual primary energy consumption obtained after your work.
Annual primary energy consumption after work of 110 kWh/m² or less
Annual primary energy consumption after work exceeding 110 kWh/m²
The premium shall be paid as follows:
- Either by bank transfer
- Either by check
- Be deducted from your invoice
- Or in another form (for example, vouchers) agreed with the person with whom you signed the contract of service
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region