What permission should you give to change your windows or shutters or door?

Verified 27 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Do you want to create an opening or change your windows, shutters or door? An application for authorization is required.

The request for city planning authorization is different if your work is accompanied by a change of destination of all or part of the building, for example by transforming a business into a dwelling.

General case

By creating an opening or changing your windows, shutters, and/or door to a different model, you change the exterior appearance of the building. You must file a Advance Work Statement (AD).

Change of destination

Your work changes the supporting structure or facade of the building and you change its destination: you must drop a building permit.

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region