What city planning authorization to make a facade renovation?

Verified 27 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

In principle, the alteration is not subject to prior notification.

However, you must file a advance work statement (PNR)) if the building you are repairing is located in one of the following areas:

  • Perimeter of a remarkable heritage site
  • Historical monuments approaches
  • Registered Site
  • Site that is ranked or pending ranking
  • Natural reserves
  • Inside the heart of defined national parks
  • Protected building
  • Municipality or perimeter of municipality where the municipal council has decided to make the redevelopment subject to city planning authorization

Before starting your work, check with the city planning department of your city hall to find out if you are concerned.

Who shall I contact

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region