Patent, Bachelor's degree, CAP: exam dates

Publié le 13 mai 2024 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The end of the school year is approaching, find all the dates of the exams of the patent (DNB), the bachelor's degree and the certificate of professional aptitude (CAP) for the session 2024!

Image 1
Image 1Crédits: Xavier Lorenzo -

National Patent Diploma (DNB)

Joint written tests

The DNB written tests common to all candidates will take place:

  • monday 1er and Tuesday, July 2 for the normal session;
  • Thursday 19 and Friday 20 September for the replacement session.

Specific written test

The foreign living language test specific to individual candidates will be held:

  • Tuesday, 2 July, afternoon for the regular session;
  • Friday, September 20 for the alternate session.

Specific oral tests of international sections and Franco-German establishments

The head of the establishment shall determine the timetable for the completion of these tests by endeavoring to retain the period following the class council of 3e quarter.

Check out the dates and times of written tests of the patent.


the written tests of the patent cover the following subjects: french (3 hours), mathematics (2 hours), history-geography (2 hours) and science (1 hour: 2 disciplines between physics-chemistry, science and earth life, technology).

The oral test makes it possible to evaluate the quality of the expression. It takes the form of a 15-minute one-on-one interview (5 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of interview) or a 25-minute group interview (10 minutes of presentation and 15 minutes of interview). It concerns a project conducted in the history of the arts or as part of an interdisciplinary practical education (IPE).


The baccalaureate specialty tests were reinstated in June for the 2024 session, as announced by the Minister of National Education at the beginning of the school year.

For the General and Technological Baccalaureate, continuous supervision accounts for 40% of the final score, the remaining 60% being divided between the anticipated French test, the philosophy test, the specialty tests and the Grand oral.

General and technological bachelor's degrees

  • Philosophy tests: tuesday, june 18 morning.
  • Specialty written tests: wednesday 19, thursday 20 and friday 21 june. Students are invited for one day per specialty.
  • Grand oral (only for the General and Technological Baccalaureate): from monday 24 june to wednesday 3 july at the latest.
  • Replacement written tests: Tuesday 10 to Friday 13 September.

Early French tests (first class)

  • Written test: friday 14 june morning.
  • Oral test: of monday 24 june to friday 5 july at the latest.
  • Replacement written tests: Friday 13 September.

Bachelor's degree

  • General written tests: tuesday 11 june (modern languages A), friday 14 june (modern languages B), tuesday, june 18 (French, history-geography, moral and civic education), wednesday 19 june (prevention, health, environment, economics-law, economics-management), thursday 20 june (applied arts, artistic cultures).
  • Practical and oral tests: timetable according to the specialties.
  • Replacement events: Tuesday 10, Wednesday 11, Thursday 12, Friday 13 September, Tuesday 17 to Friday 20 September and Monday 23 September.

You can consult the 2024 calendar and the timetables of the written tests for the general baccalaureate and for the bachelor's degree in technology.

Please note

the results of the baccalaureate will be communicated from monday 8 july. The so-called catch-up events will take place until Thursday 11 July inclusive. The examination session ends on the evening of 11 July.


as of 2024, a 2-week observation period is implemented in June for each secondary school student as a company, administration or combination. This course aims to deepen the discovery of the trades and better prepare the choices of orientation. It will be held for this first year of the June 17-28.

Certificate of Professional Competence (CAP)

The written general education tests of the CAP shall be held for the normal session: monday 3 and tuesday 4 june. For the replacement session: Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 September. See the calendar.

Please note

for examinations allowing the simultaneous issuance of the baccalaureate and a foreigners diploma (type Abibac, Bachibac, Esabac, Baccalaureate français international or BFI), find the dates of the examinations on the dedicated pagethe Ministry of National Education.