Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

What support is provided by the Solidarity Fund for Housing (SLF)?

Verified 03 April 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The solidarity fund for housing (FSL) grants financial assistance to people who have difficulty paying for the expenses of their accommodation (bills, rents...). There is one FSL per department.

The FSL grants 2 forms of aid:

  • grant
  • or a loan (to be repaid).

Such aid must be used, in particular, to pay the costs of:

Please note

homeowners in difficulty can also be helped, according to the rules of the FSL department concerned.

  • Tenant and sub-tenant
  • Owner occupier
  • Free person
  • Resident of home

The SLF shall take into account all the resources of all persons living in the dwelling, except for the following:

  • Housing aid
  • School Reentry Allowance (ARS)
  • Education allowance for disabled children (AEEH)

Each SLF has its own rules of procedure and therefore its own award criteria. Some departments provide SLF assistance on the condition that the home receives only the activity premium.. In addition, your income can be taken into account: a low-income household can get more help than a higher-income household.

You must contact a social worker (social worker, counselor in social economy and family, ...).

It is possible to meet them, depending on the case:

  • at the communal social action center (or social service) of your town hall,
  • in budget tip point ..

This social worker may also offer you a social support, that is to say, follow you to solve your difficulties.

General case
Who shall I contact
Who shall I contact

The allocation of aid from the FSL is not systematic. In particular, aid may be refused where the amount of rent and charges is considered too high in relation to the household's resources.