Le lien vers cette page a été envoyé avec succès aux destinataires.
Supplementary private pension: Agirc-Arco
Verified 17 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
As a private-sector employee, you must contribute to the EU's supplementary pension planAgirc-Arco: titleContent. These contributions allow you to receive a supplementary pension to your basic social security pension upon retirement.
What applies to you ?
L'Agirc-Arco: titleContent is a supplementary pension fund to which you contribute obligatorily as a private sector employee.
The Agirc-Arco is a point pension plan, meaning that your contributions are converted into pension points.
And when you retire, those pension points are converted back into a retirement pension.
To your retirementHowever, your Agirc-Arco pension is in addition to your basic retirement pension from Social Security Pension Insurance.
Periods worked contributed
Your supplementary pension contributions (paid from your gross salary) and employer's contributions allow you to earn pension points throughout your career.
These points are written on your individual pension account and are used as the basis for calculating your pension paid by Arco-CRA upon your retirement.
The contribution rates are as follows:
Contributions are paid at 60% by your employer (either 4.72% on tranche 1 and 12.95% on tranche 2) and to 40% by you (either 3.15% on tranche 1 and 8.64% on tranche 2).
Earned retirement points are calculated as follows:
(Remuneration x point calculation rate) / purchase price of the pension point (also called reference salary)
In 2022, the point calculation rates and reference salary are as follows:
The difference between the contribution rate and the point calculation rate does not make it possible to obtain retirement points, its function is to contribute to the financing of the Agirc-Arco plan.
If your annual remuneration is €45,500 in 2023, your contribution (employee and employer) in 2023 is as follows:
- Slice 1: (€43,992 x 7.87% = €3,462.17
- Tranche 2: (45 500 - €43,992) x 21.59% = €217.63
And your points earned during the year are calculated as follows:
- Slice 1: (€43,992 x 6.20%) = 2,727.50 / 17.4316 = 156 points
- Tranche 2: (45 500 - €43,992) x 17% = 171.36 / 17.4316 = 9 points
That's 165 retirement points in 2023.
You can check your retirement points on your individual points account on the Agirc-Arco website in your personal space.
Certain periods of non-contributory inactivity may, under certain conditions, which vary according to the nature of these periods, be treated as periods of retirement contributions.
Thus, in particular, the following periods give rise to the award of free points, that is to say without contribution in return:
- Accident at work accident at work Periods of absence from work of more than 60 consecutive days for sickness, maternity, adoption or child care during which you have received daily allowances or an invalidity pension or an occupational disease pension corresponding to an incapacity rate of at least 2/3
- Unemployment periods compensated by the Return to Employment Assistance (RWA) or the Occupational Security Allowance (OSA) or the Specific Solidarity Allowance (SSA)
- Periods of short-time work more than 60 hours (consecutive or not) in the same year
Maintenance of rights in the event of a reduction in working time
In some cases, when you are exempted from carrying out all or part of your activity, your contributions are still calculated on the basis of your full-time remuneration.
This is particularly the case in the following situations of reduced working time:
- Part-time work by company agreement for employees aged 55 and over
- Part-time work due to the difficult economic situation in which the company finds itself
- Part-time work set up under an agreement of the National Employment Fund (FNE) for part-time transition assistance
Termination of employer-funded activity
In certain cases of complete cessation of activity, your employer pays contributions to Agirc-Arco as if you were continuing your activity.
This is particularly the case in the following situations:
- Employee aged 55 years or over who has taken early retirement under a collective agreement
- Employee on conversion leave
- Employee on parental leave, parental attendance leave, family solidarity leave, caregiving leave
Redemption of points
You can redeem additional pension points for the following periods:
- Graduate years
- Incomplete years for which the number of quarters retained by the Social Security Pension Insurance is less than 4
- Periods of unemployment compensated by the Head of company Social Security (GSC)
You can apply for your supplementary pension from the age of 62.
It is advisable to apply 6 months before the desired retirement date.
The request is made online:
Calculation of pension amount
When applying for your pension, your number of pension points earned during your career is multiplied by the point service value.
The service value of the Agirc-Arco point is set to €1.3498.
An employee who has earned 4,000 points can earn €5,399.20 per year.
The supplementary retirement pension is paid monthly.
However, if the number of points is between 101 and 200, it shall be paid annually.
If it is less than or equal to 100, the pension shall be paid in one installment.
The supplementary retirement pension shall be subject to an annual increase on 1er November.
You can estimate the amount of your supplementary retirement pension:
Discount on the number of pension points
Your points are subject to a reduction (i.e. reduced) if you apply for your supplementary pension before age 67.
The Agirc-Arrco supplementary retirement pension is paid without any reduction in the number of pension points from the age of 67.
Before the age of 67, it shall be paid without deduction in respect of the number of points, if you are receiving a full-rate Social Security Pension Insurance pension, for handicap, long career, inability to work or for any other special situation.
You can apply for your supplementary pension from the age of 57 even if you do not have a full-rate Social Security pension.
But, in this case, your pension points are reduced by applying a coefficient of reduction, which varies according to the age at which you apply for retirement.
Increase in the amount of child's pension
The amount of your retirement pension is increased if you have had or raised at least 3 children.
This increase shall be final.
Your pension is also increased if you still have one or more dependent children when you retire.
This increase is temporary.
It is granted to you as long as the child(ren) remains in your care.
You cannot benefit from the payment of these 2 surcharges at the same time.
If you meet the conditions to benefit from these 2 surcharges, you will receive the highest surcharge.
When you cease to benefit from the dependent child supplement, you can then benefit from the supplement for 3 children, if you meet the conditions.
Rebate and increase in pension according to age of departure
The amount of your supplementary retirement pension is reduced or increased depending on the date you apply for it after you have obtained your basic full rate pension from the Social Security Pension Insurance.
This reduction or increase concerns employees born from 1957 who apply for their supplementary pension and who meet the conditions for a full basic pension before age 67.
If you apply for your supplementary pension at the same time as your basic full-rate pension, the amount of your supplementary pension is reduced by 10% for 3 years within your 67 years.
The amount of the supplementary retirement pension shall be reduced only by 5% for 3 years if subject to reduced CSG rate.
No reduction shall be applied in the following cases:
- Your supplementary pension is exempt from CSG
- You apply for your supplementary pension at least 1 year after you have obtained your basic full-rate pension
- You receive early retirement, especially for disability or as a former asbestos worker
If you apply for your supplementary pension at least 2 years after obtaining your basic full-rate pension, the amount of your supplementary pension shall be increased, for 1 year, under the following conditions:
- 10% if you apply for your supplementary pension 2 years after your basic pension
- 20% if you ask for it 3 years later
- 30% if you ask for it 4 years later
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Supplementary retirement from Africa-Arco: personal space
- Agirc-Arco Supplementary Retirement Calculation Simulator
- Apply online for your Agirc-Arco retirement
- Agirc-ArcoAgirc-Arco Federation
- Retirement InfoPublic interest grouping "Union retirement"
- Social guarantee of the Head of company (GSC)Association for the Social Security of Heads of company (GSC)
- Agirc-Arco: Coefficients for reducing the number of points (PDF - 749.7 KB)Agirc-Arco Federation