Home Help (Personal Services): hiring an employee
Verified 15 January 2022 - Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister), Ministry of Economy
You can hire a home help yourself, or you can ask an agency to take over the hiring process for your future employee. The organisation can also provide its own staff: in this case, you are simply the client of a service provider.
In the context of personal service activities, you can hire an employee directly.
As an individual employer, you must comply with the following hiring procedures:
- Establish employment contract in writing
- Get registration fromUrssaf: titleContent
- Check the identity of your employee and the validity of his residence permit if he is a non-European foreigner worker
for 1re employment, the employer shall register the employee after receiving his registration number.
Use of a body
You remain an employer. You are the one who controls the performance of your employee's work and who pays the salary.
In this case, the person services agency (such as an association) will:
- Recruitment (professional experience, skills and qualifications)
- Employee administrative management (employment contract, pay slip, calculation and declaration of social contributions, source sampling).
The agency must inform you of your main responsibilities as an employer.
He charges you this service.
You can also use a personal service provider. This organisation is the employer of the workers at your home.
The agency then charges you for the services that are performed by its own employees and takes care of all administrative formalities.
A directory of personal service organisations is available online to find an agent or provider.
- Labour Code: Article L7232-6Implementation of activities by proxy and service providers
- Circular of April 11, 2019 on the Reporting and Certification of Personal Service Organisations (PDF - 522.8 KB)
- National Collective Agreement for Individual Employers and Home Employment of March 15, 2021
- What are the personal service activities and how do you use them?
- Individual Employer: What is the purpose of the Declarative Cesu and how to adhere to it?
- Individual Employer: how to pay your employee with a pre-funded Cesu?
- Can an individual employer hire a foreigner employee?
- Can an individual pay a self-contractor by pre-funded Cesu?
- Individual Employer: home employee employment contractService-Public.fr
- Pay of the home employee employed by an individualService-Public.fr
- Personal Services SiteMinistry of Finance
- Official site of the individual employer and employeeUrssaf National Fund (ex Acoss)
- Urssaf service PajemploiUrssaf National Fund (ex Acoss)