Home care (personal services): recruitment of an employee
Verified 21 January 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister), Ministry of Economy
You can hire a home care worker yourself or contact an agency to hire your future employee on your behalf. The organization may also make its own staff available to you: in this case, you are simply the customer of a service provider.
Within the framework of personal service activities, you can hire an employee directly.
As an individual employer, you must comply with the following hiring procedures:
- Establish a employment contract in writing
- Obtain registration from theUrssaf: titleContent
- Verify the identity of your employee and the validity of his residence permit if it is non-European foreigner worker
Your approaches and contacts differ according to the jobs held.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
Other jobs at home
Home employment in an agricultural field
if the employer hires an employee for the 1re times and is not yet registered with the Urssaf: titleContent or the MSA: titleContent, he shall apply for registration no later than 1er working day. He registers the employee after receiving his registration number.
Through an organization
You retain the status of employer. You control the performance of your employee's work and pay the salary.
In this case, the person services agency (e.g. an association) shall:
- Recruitment (professional experience, skills and qualifications)
- The administrative management of the employee (employment contract, pay slipcalculation and declaration of social contributions, withholding tax).
The agency must inform you of your main responsibilities as an employer.
He charges you for this service.
You can also use a personal care organization. This organization is the employer of the employees working in your home.
The organization then bills you for services performed by its own employees and handles all administrative formalities.
A directory of personal service organizations is available online to find an agent or provider.
- Labor Code: Article L7232-6Implementation of activities by agency and provider organizations
- Circular of 11 April 2019 on the declaration and accreditation of personal service organizations (PDF - 522.8 KB)
- National Collective Agreement of Individual Employers and Homework of March 15, 2021
- What are personal services activities and how can they be used?
- Individual employer: What is the purpose of the Declarative Cesu and how do I join it?
- Can an individual employer pay his employee with a Cesu pre-funded?
- Can an individual employer hire a foreigner employee?
- Can an individual pay a self-employed person with Cesu pre-funded?
- Individual employer: home worker’s employment contractService-Public.fr
- Payroll of the home employee employed by an individualService-Public.fr
- Personal Services SiteMinistry of Finance
- Official website of the individual employer and employeeUrssaf Caisse nationale (formerly Acoss)
- Urssaf service PajemploiUrssaf Caisse nationale (formerly Acoss)