What are the personal service activities and how do you use them?
Verified 30 September 2022 - Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister), Ministry of Economy
Personal Services (SAP) are activities carried out in the home and intended to meet the needs of individuals ::
- Maintenance of the house, small gardening works and small DIY works
- Care of children at home or accompanying them on their journeys (including for children under 3 years and under 18 years with disabilities)
- School support or home courses
- Aesthetic care at home for dependents
- Preparing meals at home (including time spent at shopping)
- Delivery of meals and home shopping and collection and delivery of ironed laundry
- IT and administrative support at home
- Pet treatments and walks for the dependent
- Maintenance, maintenance and temporary home care
- Tele-Assist and Video-Assist
- Sign language interpreter, writing technician and full spoken language encoder
- Provision of driving services for the personal vehicle of any person who has a temporary disability and for elderly, disabled or chronically ill persons
- Accompaniment of any person with a temporary disability or of an elderly, disabled or chronically ill person when travelling outside their home
- Assistance in the daily activities of life or assistance in social integration for the elderly, disabled or chronically ill who need such benefits at home
- Personal assistance at home to families in distress and to any person with temporary invalidity (excluding medical care)
- Coordination and delivery of services
certain activities are subject to declaration, authorisation.
To use a child care or call onother personal services, you can use a direct job, that is become employer.
As an individual employer, you must meet certain obligations related to your status (registration, declaration of employee, payment of social contributions, employment contract, remuneration, source sampling, etc.).
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
These obligations are carried out on the Urssaf Service Pajemploi website.
Other personal service activities
The Declarative or Pre-funded Cesu fulfils the employer's obligations.
To employ child care or other personal services in your home, you can use a agency or agent.
If you use an agency, you retain the status of employer. You are the one who controls the performance of your employee's work and who pays the salary.
If you use a service provider, it is the employer of the workers at your home.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
For general information (no appointment request, no folder tracking)
The Allo Public Service is currently disrupted. We apologise for this.
For more information on this subject, you can contact Allô Public Service.
Cost: Free Service
The informants who answer you are from the Ministry of the Interior.
Attention: the service does not have access to users' personal files and therefore cannot provide information on their progress.
The service is available at the following times:
- Monday: 8:30 to 17:30
- Tuesday: 8:30 to 12:15
- Wednesday: 8:30 to 12:15
- Thursday: 8:30 to 17:30
- Friday: 1 pm to 4:15 pm
- Labour Code: Articles L7231-1 to L7231-2Personal services activities (Article L7231-1)
- Labour Code: Article D7231-1List of personal service activities
- Code for Social Action and Families: Articles D312-6 to D312-6-2Help and support services at home
- National Collective Agreement for Individual Employers and Home Employment of March 15, 2021
- Circular of April 11, 2019 on the Reporting and Certification of Personal Service Organisations (PDF - 522.8 KB)
- Urssaf Service Pajemploi en ligne
- Join the Universal Service Employment Check (Uesc)
- Cesu Online
- How do I consult a collective agreement?
- Individual Employer: What is the purpose of the Reporting Eesu and how to join it?
- Can an individual employer pay his or her employee with a pre-funded Cesu?
- Home Employment: Can the employer be exempt from payroll taxes?
- Can an individual employer hire a foreigner employee?
- Does the absence of the individual employer terminate the employee's contract?
- What can an individual employer do if his or her employee breaks an object?
- Individual employer: home help (personal services)Service-Public.fr
- Mother’s assistantService-Public.fr
- Official site of the individual employer and the employeeUrssaf National Fund (ex Acoss)
- Personal Services SiteMinistry of Finance
- Urssaf service PajemploiUrssaf National Fund (ex Acoss)
- Cesu SiteUrssaf
- Permitted activities for individual employer (personal services)Ministry of Economy