DSE (Student Social Record): How to apply for a scholarship and/or accommodation?

Verified 01 February 2024 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Are you a student (or are you going to be a student) and you want to apply for a scholarship on social criteria and/or housing in a university residence? To do this, you need to build your Student Social Record (SSR). We explain how to do it.

You need to build your EHR on the internet to make a scholarship application and/or housing.

For the 2024-2025 academic year, you must enter your application between 1er march and may 31, 2024.

To do this, you must connect to the following online service:

My student services

You have an account (e-mail address and password) if you have already made a DSE or if you are registered on Browse.

If you don't have an account, you will need to create one with your INE (national student identification) number. This number can be found on your student card or on the baccalaureate registration confirmation form.

You must attach a copy of the following documents to your FSD:

  • Your own 2023 tax opinion on revenue collected in 2022 and that of your parents (if you don't have a tax notice, you join your parents' tax notice)
  • Your school credentials, and those of your siblings if they are also students

Please note

if your parents are divorced, you must attach a copy of the excerpt from the divorce decree entrusting you to one of your parents and setting the amount of maintenance. If there is no child support, the tax notice of the other parent must be sent.

Depending on your situation, you will need to provide additional documents:

Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement

You are supported by the Child Welfare Agency (SSA)

You are registered with France Travail (formerly Pôle emploi) and do not receive compensation

You're not French

You must attach a certificate on the honor of your parents indicating whether or not they receive income abroad and their amount.

You have refugee status

You must attach a certificate from the French Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless Persons (Ofpra).

Who shall I contact

At the end of the constitution of your FSD, you will receive an email confirmation of your application.

If your file is incomplete, an email is also sent. You will then need to deposit the missing documents by logging into your account.

My student services

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region