How do I request student accommodation at Crous?
Verified 05 March 2019 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
If you are a student, you can benefit from a low rent accommodation for the academic year (student accommodation in Crous), under certain conditions. The application must be made using the Student Social Record (FSD). It is also possible to stay for a few days in a university residence, depending on availability and on the condition of being a student or a higher education staff. Reservations are made online only.
For the entire academic year
The Cranes: titleContent offer students 2 types of residences to stay in during the university year: traditional residences and conventional residences.
These residences consist of low-cost, individual housing units eligible for housing benefit.
They are located close to the study sites and are served by public transport.
The accommodations Cranes: titleContent are allocated according to the student's availability and situation. The criteria are the same as for the calculation of scholarships (income of the student and his/her parents, family composition, geographical distance from the family home and academic results).
The housing application must be made from March for the next September re-entry (example: from 4 March 2019 for the 2019/2020 re-entry).
To apply for housing, you must first complete the student social file (FSD) on My Student Services and check the box I ask for accommodation ::
Then you have to complete and clarify your application after you have inquired about the housing Cranes: titleContent existing:
If you are already staying at the Crous residence and you are applying for a renewal, you must log in on City of U , through your account My Student Services..
The application must be made from the month of March for the next September re-entry (example: from 4 March 2019 for the 2019/2020 re-entry).
you must renew your application for accommodation for each academic year even if you wish to stay in your accommodation Crous.
Accommodation is allocated at the end of June and sent by e-mail.
In order for your residential admission to be final, you will have to pay a provision equivalent to 1 month's rent before mid-July. It will also serve as a security deposit. If you do not pay this allowance on the date indicated, the accommodation will no longer be allocated to you.
If you stop your studies or change academy, the provision can be reimbursed, on presentation of proof:
- before 15 September for a traditional residence,
- before 15 August for residential units.
After paying the allowance, you must also return to the residence:
- signed rules of procedure
- and the completed and signed joint guarantee contract.
other allocations are decided from the end of July, depending on the withdrawals received by the Crews.
You will need to provide:
- the payment of the 1st rent, due in full regardless of the date of entry,
- the presentation of the insurance certificate against rental risks (fire, water damage, civil liability),
- presentation of your student card or a certificate of enrollment for the university year for which the accommodation was obtained.
For a short stay
In university residences, rooms and studios can be vacated during the year.
The student or higher education staff (researcher, teacher-researcher and administrative staff) may request to stay:
- a few days (from 1 night to less than 1 month),
- for professional or personal reasons,
- flexible dates (arrival and departure day on weekdays or weekends).
In all the major university cities, it is possible to book a room or a studio, according to availability, with wifi, laundry, garage by bicycle, parking.
These units are located in the major university cities, and well located:
- quick and easy access by public transport,
- and proximity to study sites allowing quick access to examination centers, competitions or conferences.
The requested price includes:
- rental of accommodation
- the provision of sheets and towels.
Breakfast can be served, depending on which Crous you are eating.
To find out about the available accommodation and book a room, you need to use a secure website, accessible 24 hours a day:
&Crous: book accommodation Crous for a short stay
it is possible to book a room up to 6 months in advance.
- My Student Services
- Find a place in a university residence
- &Crous: book accommodation Crous for a short stay
- Senior high school students: the demand for a scholarship/housing (PDF - 3.4 MB)Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
- Scholarship and student housing: build your student social record (FSD)Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
- Map of university residences CrousNational Center for Academic and Educational Works (Cnous)
- Student: stay in a university residenceMinistry of Education