Supplementary Retirement of a Public Service Contract (Ircantec)
Verified 01 January 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
If you work in the civil service as a contractor, you must contribute to a supplementary pension scheme to the basic old-age insurance scheme of the Social Security. This compulsory supplementary pension scheme isIrcantec: titleContent.
TheIrcantec: titleContent is a point-based supplementary pension scheme.
Thus, your contributions (employees and employers) are converted into points, based on Ircantec point acquisition value (also called ).
The points thus obtained are accumulated throughout your career as a contract agent.
When you retire, the amount of your pension is obtained by multiplying the number of points earned by the liquidation value of the point (or service value) effective on the date of your departure.
The acquisition value (to determine the number of points earned) and the liquidation value of the retirement point shall be revalued annually.
You must contribute to the Ircantec if you are a contractual member of the civil service (state, territorial or hospital).
The additional pension contributions paid each month from your remuneration and the contributions paid by your employer administration allow you to earn points.
Certain periods not worked and not contributed are eligible for free points.
If you have had at least 3 children, you can benefit from an increase in the total number of points.
These points are accumulated in an individual account (point account).
How are your contributions converted to points?
Your contributions are converted to points based on an amount (called acquisition value or reference salary) that evolves every year. The result is rounded up.
For 2022, the acquisition value for the number of retirement points shall be €5.083.
If the annual amount of your contributions and those of your administration in 2022 is equal to €1 000, you get 197 points (1000 /€5.083).
You can view online the number of points earned on your individual account through your personal space.
How are the free points awarded?
The periods not worked and not contributed which qualify for the award of free points are:
- Sick, maternity or adoption leave granted by Social Security for at least 30 consecutive days
- Periods of receipt of a disability pension from the general social security system
- Periods of receipt of an accident at work pension or occupational disease corresponding to a minimum of 2/3 incapacity
- Periods of compensated unemployment
- Periods of partial unemployment
- Military service (if justified by at least one year of membership in Ircantec)
- Periods of interruption of any professional activity to raise at least one child (provided that you have at least one year of membership in Ircantec)
Increase in child points
Your total number of points is increased if you meet one of the following 2 conditions:
- You have had at least 3 children
- You, or your spouse, had at least 3 dependent children, of which you were not a parent, for at least 9 years before they were 16e anniversary
The rate of increase of your number of points depends on the number of children you have had:
Full pension entitlement
Your pension is paid at full rate upon retirement if you meet any of the following conditions:
- You justify the duration of insurance required to benefit from full-rate Social Security basic pension
- You have reached age limit (between 65 and 67 years)
- You benefit from early retirement from Social Security, especially for long career or difficulty or disabled worker or asbestos worker or invalidity
If you do not meet any of these conditions, your pension will be subject to haircut, meaning that your number of retirement points will be reduced under different conditions depending on your age of departure.
On the other hand, your number of pension points is increased (override) if you meet any of the following 2 conditions:
- You continue to work while you meet the insurance requirement for full pension (your number of retirement points is increased in this case 0,625% per quarter worked until retirement)
- You get permission to work beyond the age limit. Your number of retirement points is increased in this case 0.75% per quarter worked between age limit and retirement age.
Calculation of pension
Your pension amount is calculated by multiplying the number of points you earned by the liquidation value of the point (or service value) effective on the date of your retirement.
This value is updated annually at 1to January. In 2022, the liquidation value of the point shall be €0.49241.
The calculation method then varies depending on the number of points you have earned.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
You have earned at least 3,000 points
Your pension is paid every month.
It is calculated as follows, for example in case of retirement in 2022 with 4 800 points: (4800 x 0.49241) / 12 = €196.96 per month.
You earned between 1,000 and 2,999 points
Your pension is paid quarterly.
It is calculated as follows, for example in the case of retirement in 2022 with 1,500 points: (1500 x 0.49241) / 4 = €184.65 by quarter.
You earned between 300 and 999 points
Your pension is paid once a year.
It is calculated as follows, for example in case of retirement in 2022 with 500 points: 500 x 0.49241 = €246.21 per year.
You earned less than 300 points
You receive a one-time payment on retirement.
It is calculated as follows, for example in case of retirement in 2022 with 150 points: 150x €5.028 = €754.20.
The application process varies depending on whether you are applying as a contract (public employee), hospital practitioner or elected official.
You can make your request online through your personal space at least 2 months before your departure.
You can also choose to contact an advisor Cicas: titleContent, 4 months before your retirement, who will propose you an appointment.
Who shall I contact
You must contact the Ircantec online 4 months before your departure to obtain your retirement application.
In order to obtain your elected office for one or more terms, you must have ceased to hold all the elected offices of the same class of office and to receive the corresponding allowances.
Points earned under each mandate category are calculated separately.
If you ask for 1re Once you retire for a term category, you must contact Ircantec to request a retirement application file.
If you make a new application because you cease your elected office again after receiving a pension for another mandate category, you must make your new application by mail to Elected Unit Ircantec.
You must attach the following documents to this new application:
- Certificate of termination completed by your employer. If he has already completed this document in a dematerialised form, please include it in your mail
- Bank Identity Statement
- Copy of your last tax notice.
Who shall I contact
- Personal area
- Public Service Contractor’s Salary ContributionsService-Public.fr
- Parameters used by the Ircantec (reference salary, contribution ratesSupplementary pension institution for non-titular public servants (Ircantec)
- Guide to your retirement - Ircantec (PDF - 3 769,2 Ko)Deposit and deposit fund (CDC)
- Ircantec websiteSupplementary pension institution for non-titular public servants (Ircantec)
- Public Supplementary Retirement - Ircantec: applicationDeposit and deposit fund (CDC)
- Ircantec: progressive retirementSupplementary pension institution for non-titular public servants (Ircantec)