Supplementary retirement of a public service contractor (Ircantec)
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
If you work in the public service as a contract employee, you must contribute to a pension plan that is complementary to the basic social security pension insurance plan. This compulsory supplementary pension scheme is theIrcantec: titleContent.
L'Ircantec: titleContent is a supplementary pension scheme based on points.
Thus, your contributions (employees and employers) are converted into points, based on a acquisition value of the Ircantec point (also called reference salary).
The points thus obtained are accumulated throughout your career as a contract agent.
Upon retirement, the amount of your pension is obtained by multiplying the number of points earned by the liquidation value of the point (or service value) in force on the date of your departure.
The vesting value (to determine the number of points earned) and the liquidation value of the retirement point are revalued annually.
You must contribute to Ircantec if you are a contract employee in the public service (state, territorial or hospital).
The additional pension contributions deducted each month from your remuneration and the contributions paid by your employer's administration allow you to earn points.
Some periods not worked and not paid are eligible for free points.
If you have had at least 3 children, you can benefit from an increase in the total number of your points.
These points are accumulated on an individual account called (point count).
How are your contributions converted to points?
Your contributions are converted into points, based on an amount (called acquisition value or reference salary) which evolves each year.
The result is rounded to the top.
In 2023, the acquisition value to account for the number of pension points is set at €5.329.
If the annual amount of your and your government's contributions in 2023 is equal to €1,000, you get 188 points (1 000 /€5.329).
You can check online in your personal space the number of points earned on your individual account.
How are free points awarded?
The periods not worked and not paid into which free points are awarded are as follows:
- Sick, maternity or adoption leave with social security benefits for at least 30 consecutive days
- Periods of receipt of an invalidity pension from the general social security scheme
- Accident at work Periods of receipt of an annuity from an occupational disease corresponding to a minimum 2/3 incapacity rate
- Periods of unemployment for benefit
- Periods of short-time work
- Military service (provided you have at least one year of membership in Ircantec)
- Periods of interruption of all professional activity to raise at least one child (provided that you have at least one year of membership of the Ircantec)
Increase in the number of points for children
Your total points will be increased if you complete one of them the following 2 conditions:
- You've had at least three children
- You or your spouse had at least 3 children, of which you were not a parent, for at least 9 years before their 16the birthday
The percentage increase in your points depends on the number of children you have had:
Entitlement to a full-rate retirement pension
Your pension is paid at a full rate upon retirement if you meet one of the following conditions:
- You provide proof of the length of insurance required to benefit from a basic full-rate social security pension
- You've reached the age limit (between 65 and 67 years)
- You benefit from early retirement from Social Security, in particular for long career or arduousness or as handicapped worker or as asbestos worker or for invalidity
If you do not meet any of these conditions, your pension will be subject to a discount, i.e. your number of pension points will be reduced under conditions that vary according to your starting age.
On the other hand, your number of pension points is increased (overvaluation) if you fill in one of them the following 2 conditions:
- You continue to work when you meet the insurance requirement for a full-rate retirement pension (your retirement points are increased in this case by 0.625% per term worked until retirement)
- You get permission to work beyond the age limit. Your pension points are increased in this case by 0.75% by quarter worked between the age limit and the retirement age.
Calculation of pension
The amount of your pension is calculated by multiplying the number of points you earned by the liquidation value of the point (or service value) in force on the date of your retirement.
This value is revalued every year at 1er January.
In 2023, the liquidation value of the point shall be €0.51621.
The calculation method then varies depending on the number of points you have earned.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
You earned at least 3,000 points
Your pension is paid every month.
It is calculated as follows, for example in case of retirement in 2023 with 4 800 points: (4 800 x 0,51621) / 12 = €206.48 per month.
You earned between 1,000 and 2,999 points
Your pension is paid quarterly.
It is calculated as follows, for example in case of retirement in 2023 with 1 500 points: (1 500 x 0,51621) / 4 = €193.58 by quarter.
You earned between 300 and 999 points
Your pension is paid once a year.
It is calculated as follows, for example in case of retirement in 2023 with 500 points: 500 x 0.51621 = €258.11 per year.
You earned less than 300 points
You receive a one-time paid-in capital when you retire.
It is calculated as follows, for example in case of retirement in 2023 with 150 points: 150 x €5.083 = €762.45.
The procedure for applying for a pension varies depending on whether you are applying as a contractor (a public-law employee), a hospital practitioner or an elected official.
You can apply online in your personal space at least 2 months before your departure.
You can also choose to contact an advisor Cicas: titleContent, 4 months before your retirement, who will offer you an appointment.
Who shall I contact
You must contact the Ircantec online 4 months before your departure to obtain your pension application.
In order to obtain your elected retirement for one or more terms of office, you must have ceased to hold all elected office in the same term category and to receive the corresponding allowances.
The points earned under each category of mandate shall be the subject of a specific calculation.
If you ask for the 1re Once you retire for a category of mandates, you must contact Ircantec to request a pension application.
If you are reapplying because you have ceased to hold elected office again after receiving a pension for another category of office, you must submit your new application by mail to The Elected Unit from the Ircantec.
You must attach the following documents to this new application:
- Certificate of termination of contributions completed by your employer. (This certificate must be completed in dematerialized form)
- Bank identity statement
- Copy of your last tax notice.
Who shall I contact
- Retirement Personal Space
- Salary contributions of a member of the public service contract staffService-Public.fr
- Parameters used by Ircantec (reference salary, contribution rates)Supplementary pension institution for non-permanent officials of the State and public authorities (Ircantec)
- Guide to your retirement - Ircantec (PDF - 3 769,2 Ko)Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC)
- IrcantecSupplementary pension institution for non-permanent officials of the State and public authorities (Ircantec)
- Ircantec: Progressive RetirementSupplementary pension institution for non-permanent officials of the State and public authorities (Ircantec)