Supplementary retirement of a public service contractor (Ircantec)
Verified 01 January 2024 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
As a contractor, you must contribute to theIrcantec: titleContent. The Ircantec is a supplementary retirement pension on your compulsory basic retirement from the Social Security Pension Insurance. We present you the main rules of supplementary retirement.
The Ircantec is a supplementary pension fund.
When you retire, you receive a supplementary pension from Ircantec in addition to your basic pension from the Social Security Pension Insurance.
The Ircantec is a retreat by points.
Your contributions (employees and employers) are converted into pension points.
The points earned are accumulated throughout your career as a public contract agent.
When you retire, your total points are converted back into a retirement pension.
You're paying obligatory to the Ircantec if you are a contractor in the public service (state, territorial or hospital).
The additional pension contributions deducted each month from your remuneration and the employer contributions paid by your employer's administration allow you to earn points.
Some periods not worked and not paid are eligible for free points.
If you have had at least 3 children, you can benefit from an increase in the total number of your points.
These points are accumulated on an individual account called point count.
How are your contributions converted to points?
Your contributions are converted to points, based on a called amount acquisition value or reference salary, that evolves every year.
The result is rounded to the top.
In 2024, the point's acquisition value is set at €5.611.
If the annual amount of your and your government's contributions in 2024 is equal to €1,000, you get 178 points (1 000 / €5.611).
You can check online the number of points you have earned on your My Public Retirement personal space:
How are free points awarded?
Certain periods of non-work and non-contributions are eligible for free points, including the following periods:
- Accident at work Sick, maternity or adoption leave with social security benefits for at least 30 consecutive days
- Periods of receipt of an invalidity pension from the general social security scheme
- Accident at work Periods of receipt of an annuity from an occupational disease corresponding to a minimum 2/3 incapacity rate
- Periods of unemployment for benefit
- Periods of short-time work
- Military service (provided you have at least one year of membership in Ircantec)
- Periods of interruption of all professional activity to raise at least one child (provided that you have at least one year of membership of the Ircantec)
Increase in the number of points for children
Your total points will be increased if you meet one of the following 2 conditions:
- You've had at least three children
- You or your spouse had at least 3 children, of which you were not a parent, for at least 9 years before their 16the birthday
The percentage increase in your points depends on the number of children you have had:
Conditions for the award of the pension at full, reduced or increased rate
Your supplementary pension from Ircantec is paid to you full rate if you meet any of the following conditions:
- You are entitled to a basic full-rate pension on behalf of the Social Security Pension Insurance
- You retire at 67
- You're retiring early to long career
- You're retiring early to handicap
- You're retiring early to permanent incapacity or incapacity for work (under the same conditions as a private sector employee)
- You're leaving by asbestos early retirement
Your supplementary retirement from Ircantec can be granted as soon as possible from 57 years.
Depending on the age at which you apply for your supplementary pension, your points will be assigned a reduction coefficient set at 0,43 which is modulated, under the following conditions:
- If you apply for your retirement between the ages of 57 and 62, the coefficient of 0.43 is increased by 0.0175 per quarter between the ages of 57 and your retirement age
- If you apply for your retirement between the ages of 62 and 64, the coefficient applicable at age 62 of 0.78 (0.43 + 20 x 0.0175) is increased by 0.0125 per quarter between the ages of 62 and your retirement age
- If you apply for your retirement between 64 and 67 years of age, the coefficient applicable at 64 years of age of 0.88 (0.78 + 8 x 0.0125) is increased by 0.01 per quarter between 64 years of age and your retirement age
- If you apply for your retirement at 67, there is no longer a reduction coefficient (0.88 + 12 x 0.01)
If you apply for your supplementary pension between the statutory minimum retirement age and 67 years without having the number of quarters of pension insurance required to qualify for a basic pension at a full rate, your total number of points is multiplied by a factor of 1, which is reduced by 0.01 per missing quarter.
If you are missing more than 12 quarters, the coefficient of 1 is reduced by 0.0125 for each missing quarter beyond 12.
However, your total number of points calculated in this way cannot be lower than the reduction coefficient provided for full-rate retired staff who apply for retirement before age 67. This is the most advantageous calculation method applied to you.
If you are applying for your supplementary pension after age 67, your total points is increased of 0.75% by full quarter between age 67 and your retirement date.
If continue working between the statutory minimum retirement age and 67 years beyond the length of pension insurance required to qualify for a basic pension at a full rate, your total points are increased by 0.625% by completed quarter.
Calculation of pension
The method of calculating your pension varies according to your number of points.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
You have less than 300 points
You're getting capital unique paid in once only, upon your retirement.
It is equal to your number of points multiplied by the vesting value of the point (or reference salary) from the previous year.
In case of retirement in 2024 with 150 points: 150 x €5.329 = €799.35.
You have at least 300 points
Your pension is paid according to a periodicity who varies according to your number of points :
- Between 300 and 999 points: your pension is paid to you in one installment each year
- Between 1000 and 2999 points: your pension is paid to you every quarter
- 3000 points and more: your pension is paid to you every month
Your pension is equal to your points multiplied by the liquidation value (or service value) in force in the year of your departure.
In 2024, the liquidation value of the point shall be €0.54357.
You can apply for your retirement online in your personal space My Public Retirement:
You can also complete the contact form, from your My Public Retirement personal area, to receive a personalized retirement package.
Once your file has been completed, signed and accompanied by the required supporting documents, you must send it to Ircantec.
Who shall I contact
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region