PTZ, contracted loan, PAS: is it reserved for the main residence?

Verified 21 June 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

Yes. The zero-interest loan (PTZ), on agreed loan (PC) and the social accession loan (PAS) are reserved for the purchase, construction or execution of works in your principal residence.

In order for a home to be considered your principal residence, you must occupy it at least 8 months per year.

But a home that you occupy less than 8 months a year can still be considered your primary residence, in at least one of the following situations:

  • Case of force majeure
  • Reason for health
  • Obligation linked to a professional activity (regular travel, official accommodation...)
  • Rented accommodation awaiting your next retirement

The accommodation covered by the PTZ, the PC or the PAS must be your principal residence:

  • At the latest 1 year after its purchase or completion of the work
  • Either from your retirement, which must take place at the latest 6 years after its purchase or the end of the work. Until you retire, you can put the rental unit under certain conditions.

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region