Can seat belts be dispensed with?
Verified 17 October 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Yes, you can be dispensed seat belt use for medical reasons or professional.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
You dispensed the wearing of belts in the following ::
- Your morphology is clearly not suitable for wearing a belt
- You have medical certificateexemption issued by a licenced physician.
The medical certificate must indicate its validity.
In case of control, you have to present it to the police.
You dispensed if you are in one of the following situations ::
- Driver taxi in service
- Driver or passenger of priority general interest vehicle or ambulance, emergency response
- Driver or passenger of utility vehicle force of stop frequently in agglomeration
- Driver or passenger of vehicle carrying out deliveries door to door agglomeration
You have no approach to be dispensed.
in circulation, wearing of seat belts is mandatory for driver and passengers. Failure to comply with this obligation is punishable by fines up to €750. In general, this is a standard fine of €135. In addition, the driver risks 3-point indent of his driving licence.
- Route Code: sections R412-1 to R412-5Vehicle user equipment
- Mandatory equipment in the car: safety vest, triangle...Service-Public.fr