Can you sell a used car without a roadworthiness test?
Verified 18 January 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
Additional cases ?
You can sell a car (VP) without providing proof of technical control in the 2 cases :
- The car under 4 years
- You sell it to a garage or dealer
If sell vehicle of over 4 years, a technical inspection shall be carried out unless the periodic inspection of the vehicle has been carried out in last 6 months.
You must give the future owner proof of technical control.
Indeed, proof of control is indispensable to the buyer for register vehicle.
technical inspection is mandatory for most vehicles.
- Route Code: items R323-1 to R323-5Vehicles not covered by the technical inspection (Article R323-3)
- Route Code: R323-22Technical inspection of light vehicles
- Decision of 18 June 1991 concerning the technical inspection of vehicles weighing not more than 3,5 tonsArticle 3
- Technical inspection of a commercial vehicle (van)Service-Public.fr
- Technical inspection of a motorhome (maximum 3,5 t)Service-Public.fr