Is it forbidden to make headlight calls?
Verified 07 September 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
The Lighthouse Call is to turn on intermittently the dipped-beam headlamps or main-beam headlamps.
Lighthouse calling is not prohibited.
At night, you need to make a headlight call for warn the other road users of a immediate danger.
This is because the horn (horn) can only be used in cases of absolute necessity.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Highway Code: Articles R416-1 to R416-3Use of horn and beacon calls
- Penal Code: Articles 131-12 to 131-18Amounts of fines
- Code of Criminal Procedure: Article R48-1 to R49-8Flat-rate fines
- Traffic offensesService-Public.fr
- Driving licenseService-Public.fr
- Contravention of the highway code: payment of the fineService-Public.fr
- Road Safety SiteMinistry of the Interior