What is the risk in case of a road violation? (Simulator)
Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Dila) - Prime Minister
If you don't follow the rules of the road, you commit traffic offence.
This simulator inform you of the penalties you may face.
The list of offences is not exhaustive and the case of multiple offences is not addressed.
a bicycle offence may result in a fine, but may not result in a point withdrawal on the car or motorcycle licence.
Verified 15 September 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
For details, please use the practical information sheets :
- Driving alcohol
- Penalty increased without notice of violation: how can I contest?
- No parking fine (excessive, inconvenient, very inconvenient, dangerous)
- How do I know if I have a PV after a radar flash?
- Road inspection: what fine for driving without insurance?
- Road control: what penalties for driving without a licence?
- Driving drugs
- Required equipment in the car: safety vest, triangle...
- Is it forbidden to make headlight calls?
- Is it forbidden to honk horns in your car?
- Interception of the vehicle for contravention: payment of the flat-rate fine
- Payment of the flat fine after a radar check
- Driver's licence: schedule of points withdrawn by offence
- Point driving licence: how do I make a claim?
- What is a probationary driver's licence?
- What fine is a foreigner liable for a traffic offence in France?
- Who should drive with an EAD?
- Recovery of driver's licence points
- Withdrawal of licences: what are the rules?
- Withdrawal of points, fine: what penalty for violating your bike?
- Speed of driving: limitations and penalties for speeding