Number of points on the driving license: who can know the balance?
Verified 13 April 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Only you, the prefecture and the judiciary have access to this information.
An insurer, for example, can't ask you to provide that information.
However, you must declare to your insurer the cancelation of your license.
You must also inform your employer cancelation of your license if your professional activity requires you to drive a vehicle.
the Telepoints online service allows you to view your points balance and information on the validity and categories of your driving license (restricted information statement). You can also request a full information statement (RII). The RII contains all the information related to your driving license.
- Highway Code: Articles L223-1 to L223-9Provision of information on the number of driving license points (Article L223-7)
- Highway Code: Articles L225-1 to L225-9Recording and communication of driving license information
- Insurance Code: Articles L113-1 to L113-17Obligations of the insured (Article L113-2)
- Labor Code: Articles L1221-6 to L1221-9Recruitment (Article L1221-6)
- Highway Code: Articles R225-1 to R225-6Recording and communication of driving license information
- Order of 27 June 2007 authorizing the creation of an automated processing called "Telepoints"
- Can an employer inquire about an employee's driving license?
- Should you inform your insurance policy if you withdraw your driver's license?
- How do I request a Restricted Information Record (RIR)?
- How do I request a full information record (RII)?
- Driving license balance: how to know the number of points?