Balance of driving licence: how do you know how many points?
Verified 21 March 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
The online service Telepoints view number of points that you have on your driver's licence.
there is a time lag between the time the traffic violation is committed and the time that Telepoints records the loss of points. Similarly, there is a time lag between when points are reassigned and when Telepoints records the addition of points.
You can also view information on the validity and categories of your driving licence (restricted information).
You can access the online service with FranceConnect.
You can also access it with your NEPH file number and Telephoto PIN.
If necessary, the online service allows get your SMS Telephoto PIN.
The NEPH file number is indicated on the driving licence and on your full disclosure statement.
The Telephoto PIN shall be indicated on the letter accompanying the driving licence in a secure format"credit card"or on a letter advising you of a point withdrawal (48N, 48M, 48SI). The Telephoto PIN is also indicated on your full information statement.
Driver's licence: consult his points and statements (Telepoints)
In case offence, you will receive an email indicating the number of points lost and your balance.
If you lost some of your points
You receive letter (letter 48)
- In case of radar control, at the address indicated on the carte grise
- In case of control by the police, at the address you give them
The address on your carte grise must be valid.
Think change address when moving.
If you have trial permit and commit an offence involving the withdrawal of at least 3 points, you are informed by registered letter with AR: titleContent.
If you got points
You receive single letter in the following 2 cases:
- You have not committed any offence for which points have been withdrawn during the re-allocation period
- You followed a road safety awareness training that allowed you to recover points
If you lost all your points
You receive recommended letter AR: titleContent (letter 48 SI).
Your driver's licence is no longer valid.
You must return your licence to your prefecture within 10 free days upon receipt of the letter.
Who shall I contact
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
Access contact form
Monday to Friday from 7:45 am to 7 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm
Local Call Cost
If you are having trouble doing the process onlineFrance Services / House of services to the public
If you are having trouble doing the process onlineDigital Home
- Route Code: Articles L225-1 to L225-9Registration and communication of driving licence information.
- Route Code: items R223-1 to R223-4-1Information on the withdrawal of points (Article R223-3)
- Route Code: items R225-1 to R225-6Registration and communication of driving licence information
- Circular of 11 March 2004 on the general rules governing point driving licences and probationary licences (PDF - 156.8 KB)
- Order of 27 June 2007 authorising the creation of an automated treatment called "Telepoints
- Driver’s licenceService-Public.fr
- Traffic offencesService-Public.fr
- Point Recovery: how does it work?Service-Public.fr
- Points removed by violationService-Public.fr
- Driver’s licence points recovery trainingService-Public.fr
- The point permitMinistry of Transport