Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Can a foreigners miner work in France?

Verified 27 August 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

If you are a foreigner European), are under 18 years of age and live in France, you can take a paid job or follow a professional training course, under certain conditions. You must have previously obtained permission to work or have a residence permit valid for work authorisation. The rules are different depending on your age.

Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement

From 14 years

If you are in school in France, you can work during school holidays after obtaining interim work authorisation.

From 15 years

You can:

In 1to case, you must get interim work authorisation.

From 16 years

To work, you must hold a residence permit.

You law to obtain temporary residence card private and family life if you are in one of the following situations:

  • You entered France by family reunion
  • You prove that you have usually lived in France with at least one of your parents (father or mother) since your age of 13
  • You have been in the service of theAse: titleContent (under conditions)
  • You were born in France and prove that you lived there for at least 8 years continuously and after your 10 years, a minimum of 5 years of schooling in a french school
  • One of your parents has been admitted to stay in France as long-term resident-EU in another Member StateEU: titleContent (under conditions)
  • One of your parents has been grantedstateless
  • One of your parents got the benefit of the subsidiary protection.

You law to obtain resident card if you are in one of the following situations:

  • You entered France by family reunion and you have been living in France continuously for at least 3 years
  • You are a child of French (provided you have entered France under long-stay visa)
  • You are entitled to a relative who receives a French death annuity for work-related accidents or occupational diseases
  • You have obtained refugee (or one of your parents obtained this status)
  • One of your parents got stateless status and has lived in France for at least 3 years
  • You meet the conditions for acquiring the French nationality because of your birth and residence in France.

You have the right to get residence card talent passport (family) if your parent owns a multi-year passport talent card.

These cards allow you to work automatically.

If you are not in one of these situations, the Prefect has discretion to issue you a card or not.

This is mainly the case if you request a 1-year residence card employed or temporary worker. In this case, you must first search for an employer and have been authorised to work.