Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Transfer of a building or development permit

Verified 27 octobre 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

A valid building or development permit may be transferred. The city hall allows this transfer under certain conditions.

If you have obtained a building or development permit and valid, you have the possibility to transfer it to any person authorised to apply for a building permit.

  Warning : to transfer your licence to legal person, the plans for the initial building permit must have been established by architect.

As a licensee, you must submit the transfer application by means of a form.

Request a valid building permit transfer

Cerfa n° 13412*07 - Ministry of city planning

You must provide 4 copies of your transfer request.

The form can be submitted directly to the town hall, sent by letter RAR or email.

Who shall I contact

In Paris, you can build and file your transfer request file online. You can also drop it or send it by letter RAR.

The decision shall be made within 2 months. Transfer authorisation is granted when the following 3 conditions are met:

The absence of a written decision from the town hall means that it authorises your project. Permission is given tacitly (without writing, implicitly).

The new holder shall display permit on his field . The development tax is paid by the transferee.

  Please note : a possible change in the city planning between the original licence and its transfer cannot result in a refusal by the town hall.