What are the dates of the next elections?
Verified 25 September 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
The next elections are the European elections on June 9, 2024.
Senators are not elected directly by voters, but by a separate college of members of parliament and local elected officials. The last election was held on 24 september 2023.
From the foreigner
- Senators are not elected directly by voters, but by a separate college of members of parliament and local elected officials. The last electionwas held on 24 september 2023.
- The councilors who sit on the Assembly of foreigner Frenchmen are not elected directly by the voters, but by a separate college made up of councilors of foreigner Frenchmen.
- Decree No. 2023-257 of April 6, 2023, convening electoral colleges for the election of senatorsSenate elections
- Law n° 2021-191 of 22 February 2021 postponing, from March to June 2021, the election of the county councils, regional councils and assemblies of Corsica, Guyana and MartiniqueDate of regional and departmental elections
- Electoral Code: Article L227Election of municipal councilors
- Electoral Code: Articles L191 to L192Election of departmental councilors
- Electoral Code: Article L336Election of regional councilors
- Verify your voter registration and polling station
- Application to register online on the electoral lists
- Application for registration on the electoral rolls
- Power of Attorney
- Proxy voting
- Proxy voting - New Caledonia
- Political elections: conduct of the electionsService-Public.fr
- Voters list: registration ex officio at 18Service-Public.fr
- Voters lists: new registrationService-Public.fr
- Proxy votingService-Public.fr
- Vote of a Frenchman settled abroadService-Public.fr
- Senatorial 2023: election resultsMinistry of the Interior
- Electronic votingMinistry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- Election resultsMinistry of the Interior
- Territorial reformPrime Minister
- Method of election of senatorsSenate
- Senatorial elections (Council of Ministers of April 4, 2023)Prime Minister