What can a young person over the age of 16 who is out of school and without a diploma do?
Verified 04 March 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
If you are over 16 years of age and are out of school and without a diploma, you can decide to resume training or find a job.
If you do not have the National Patent Diploma (DNB) or a level 3 professional title, you can continue your education to obtain this diploma or title.
If your parents object to continuing your education, you can benefit from a educational assistance measure to guarantee your right to education.
You can also choose to include a second chance school or a establishment for integration into employment (Epidemic).
if you are between 16 and 18 years of age and you resume vocational studies after having left your training, you can benefit from a supplement of high school scholarship.
Depending on your age, you can carry out different missions of voluntary work.
You can sign up for a local mission to help you find a job.
The local mission offers the following services:
- Identify, welcome, inform, guide and support the young person by developing a personalized path to employment
- Mobilizing the integration offer available in a territory with local partners
- Supporting young people in their search for employment, career guidance, access to training, health, housing, rights, citizenship and mobility
- Preparing the young candidate for a job offer, job retention assistance (material support, mediation young-employer)
Who shall I contact
Some arrangements allow you to conclude a contract of support towards employment, with different interlocutors. This is the case with the youth employment contract (YEC), of single insertion contract (CUI) or inclusion by economic activity (IAE).
you must subscribe to Pôle emploi to conclude an insertion contract.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Circular n°2015-041 of 20 March 2015 on the right to return to initial training for school leavers without a diploma or qualification
- Education Code: Articles L122-1-1 to L122-7Right to return to initial training (Article L122-2)
- Education Code: Articles L313-1 to L313-8Guidance for young people leaving the initial training system without a diploma (Articles L313-7 and L313-8)
- Education Code: Articles D122-3-1 to D122-3-8Mission to train school leavers
- Labor Code: Articles L5314-1 to L5314-4Role of local missions
- College and high schoolService-Public.fr
- Enrollment in higher educationService-Public.fr
- Change of middle or high school during the yearService-Public.fr
- Entry to secondary school: the different ways of training and diplomasMinistry of Education
- Presentation of local missions for youth integrationNational Union of Local Missions (UNML)