Income tax - Subscription to a film or audiovisual Sofica (tax reduction)
Verified 17 April 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
If you are domiciled in France, you benefit from a tax reduction by investing in a business for financing cinematographic or audiovisual works (Sofica)
To benefit from the tax reduction, your domicile fiscal must be in France.
You must invest in the capital of a business for financing cinematographic or audiovisual works (Sofica)
This capital must be approved by the Minister for Economic Affairs and Finance.
the scheme is open until 31 december 2023.
Your investment is limited to 25% of your overall net income, with a maximum of €18,000 per year.
the Sofica tax reduction is included in the overall capping of certain tax advantages.
Rate of tax reduction
The tax reduction is 30% investments made in 2022.
It is therefore at most €5,400 (30% x €18,000).
The rate of tax reduction is higher in the following situations:
- 36% if Sofica undertakes to carry out at least 10% of its investments before 31 December of the year following the subscription
- 48% if Sofica undertakes to devote at least 10% its investments to finance fiction, documentary and animation works in the form of series (or to purchase rights relating exclusively to the exploitation of cinematographic or audiovisual works abroad)
These investments and expenses must be made within one year of the creation of the business.
The maximum reduction is therefore €8,640 (48% x €18,000).
Indicate on your return the investments you have made.
Keep the documents submitted by Sofica (statements submitted by Sofica, approval decision). The tax services can ask you for them.
Also keep the securities acquired until 31 December of 5e year following the year in which the subscription is paid.
Otherwise, the tax reduction may be called into question.
Tax returns via Internet is required if your principal residence is equipped with internet access and you are able to file your return online.
The 2022 Online Income Tax Return starts april 13, 2023.
The deadline varies depending on whether you are filing on paper or online.
You can use the following simulator to find out your date:
Know the deadline for filing your tax return
2023 Online Income Tax Return 2022
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
For general informationTax Information Service
0809 401 401
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 7 pm, excluding public holidays.
Free service + call price
To contact the local service managing your folderDepartment in charge of taxes (treasury, tax department...)
- General Tax Code: Article 199uTax reduction for capital financing of cinematographic or audiovisual works
- General Tax Code, Annex 3: Articles 46n A to 46n FCapital financing of cinematographic or audiovisual works
- Bofip-Taxes n°BOI-IR-RICI relating to tax reductions and credits
- Bofip-Taxes n°BOI-IR-RICI-180 relating to the tax reduction for the capital financing of cinematographic or audiovisual works
- Income tax: return and reportable incomeService-Public.fr
- Income tax: deductions, reductions and tax creditsService-Public.fr
- Tax SiteMinistry of Finance
- 2023 Practice Brochure - 2022 Income Tax ReturnMinistry of Finance
- I declare my tax cuts and creditsMinistry of Finance
- List of approved SOFICAsNational Film and Moving Image Center (NCC)